Readiness (hunter ability)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.4.0.
- This article is about the old hunter ability. For the secondary attribute, see Readiness. For the rogue talent, see .
In PvE, Readiness is primarily used for resetting the cooldown on , allowing the ability to be used twice every time it is available. This results in a considerable DPS boost, and is the main reason why the talent is included in all Marksmanship PvE builds. This tactic also doubles the value of , restoring a significant amount of focus. Using Readiness right after using your highest damage shots will allow you to fire them again immediately, resulting in increased damage. This can be combined with the resetting of Rapid Fire's cooldown, as using Readiness to reset Rapid Fire's cooldown does not cancel any Rapid Fire effect already active. Learning how to properly use Readiness in this fashion will have a significant impact on your personal DPS.
Tips and tactics
- Since Readiness resets the cooldowns of and and these abilities do not trigger a global cooldown, there is no reason not to use them before using Readiness. It may be useful to make a macro for Readiness that uses these abilities immediately before Readiness.
- If in the heat of a PvP battle, this talent can be used to get off another to incapacitate an opponent.
- Readiness can be used to reset the cooldown on , allowing the ability to be used twice in a row for a total of 12 seconds of nigh invulnerability. This can be situationally useful in both PvE and PvP.
- Using Readiness together with will let you to leap twice in a row, allowing you to put a lot of distance between you and your enemy. This can be especially useful if you are attacked by higher level players while questing, as it may buy you enough time to use and mount up before they can catch up to you.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Removed.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now available to all specializations, and only resets abilities with a base cooldown less than 5 minutes. Cooldown increased from 3 to 5 min.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): No longer resets the cooldown on .
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, down from 5 minutes, and has been moved to Tier 5 of the Marksmanship Tree from the Survival Tree.
- Was in Tier 9.
- Was in Tier 9.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Now resets the cooldown on .