Rear Admiral Hartley
|Title||<Northwatch Expeditionary Unit>|
|Affiliation(s)||Northwatch Expeditionary Unit|
|Location||Merchant Coast, Northern Barrens|
|Companion(s)||Pyre, Buckland (lieutenants)|
Rear Admiral Hartley is a human admiral found on the Merchant Coast of Northern Barrens. He commands The Bellipotent, flagship of the Northwatch Expeditionary Unit. He seems to be fairly clever, foreseeing that someone would try to mine his ship and moving his munitions to the shore.
Hartley sailed into Ratchet with the intent of depriving the Horde of a neutral port, searching and seizing any vessels flying their colors. Understandably, Gazlowe dislikes him, as he has disrupted trade in Ratchet, and pays members of the Horde to discreetly disrupt his operations. He and his men were also responsible for forcing the Southsea Freebooters off of The Merchant Coast and onto Fray Island.
- Enrage - Increases physical damage and attack speed for 2 min.
- Swashbuckling Slice - A strong attack that increases melee damage by 10%.
- Despite his position as an antagonist to the Horde and the goblins of Ratchet, he is never directly confronted in any quests.
- In early beta, he was a part of the Alliance introduction to the Twilight Highlands. He was given strict orders by King Varian Wrynn not to engage the Horde. He was among the fleet that Garrosh Hellscream ordered attacked by his air guards. While the air guards were destroyed, they claimed one ship. In an act of vengeance, he ordered a retaliatory strike on a Horde naval fleet. The result of the naval skirmish mortally wounded the Rear Admiral as he ordered Lieutenant Fawkes to get the player to safety. This intro was scrapped and is non-canon.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.