Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- It is often referred to in game as "combat–rez", "battle–rez", or just "b–rez".
- It has a 10 minute cooldown. This is usually enough per need, especially since it's now restricted.
- Rebirth is one of the only two general-purpose resurrection spell that can be used in combat, along with . Other classes may have similar abilities:
- Patch 4.0.1 added a restriction on the number of resurrections that can occur during an encounter, whether by a druid's Rebirth, a warlock's , or a shaman's . Players casting these spells after the limit has been reached will see the "You can no longer resurrect during combat" error message. See below for more information.
- Casting Rebirth on a player flagged for PvP will also flag you.
- Like all other spells with a cooldown of 10 minutes or more, it cannot be used in Arenas.
Tips and tactics
- Rebirth is an emergency ability that should only be used during combat. Use to resurrect allies out of combat.
- Due to the long cooldown and the limited number of combat resurrections available per encounter, you should save Rebirth for critical players: tanks, healers or the group's highest-performing DPS. Coordinate with your leader, other druids, and the warlocks and shamans in the group to ensure your battle-rez is not wasted.
- Like /, groups will often wait until Rebirth is off cooldown before pulling a boss.
- Since the target is revived at the caster's location with little health, the druid should move to a safe area before casting and healers must be prepared to heal quickly. makes this less of an issue.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
Updated Combat Resurrection Design | 2010-11-05 02:05 | Zarhym
For those of you currently participating in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta test, please note that this functionality may not be fully implemented as of yet. If you notice combat resurrections are not currently functioning as explained here, this is just a heads-up about the updated design intent behind them.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 42 (was 56).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Revived targets are now healed to 60% health, up from 20%. No longer requires .
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): The cooldown on this spell has been lowered to 10 minutes back down from 30 minutes.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): The cooldown on this spell has been increased from 10 minutes back to 30 minutes and it no longer uses different reagents for each rank, as it now has only one rank. There is now a limit on the number of resurrections that can occur during combat.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The cooldown on this spell has been lowered from 20 minutes down to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.
- Hotfix (2009-04-23): " should properly affect Rebirth."
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): The cooldown on this spell has been lowered from 30 minutes down to 20 minutes.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Resurrection spells should now check range properly when used on targets that have released their spirit.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Casting time and mana cost reduced; now ignores resurrection timers.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.