Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Reins of the Long-Forgotten Hippogryph
Find and click on five Ephemeral Crystals in Azsuna within eight hours before anyone else, and this mount will be added to your bags. The crystals will respawn approximately 12 hours after the last mount was found, or 12 hours after server resets.
You must not leave Azsuna or server hop while doing this, or your progress will be reset to zero. Dying will also reset your progress. In such cases, you will have to retrace your steps to the crystals you clicked on to click them again and regain your progress.
It is safe to logout, but of course, there is no guarantee that someone else won't get to the other crystals first while you're gone.
Should you be the winner, the Long-Forgotten Hippogryph will spawn hovering in front of you and casts Arcane Cyclone on you (but this doesn't actually do anything).
In the case that your bags are full when you click your fifth crystal, it will be a lost item that Thaumaturge Vashreen will mail to you instead.
Once a hippogryph has been found, a zone-wide message will be triggered.
- You hear a faint caw in the distance and then silence...
You are the only one that remembered.
- This skin was first datamined from Patch 2.3.0, meant to be one of five offered by the Cenarion Expedition, however only the Cenarion War Hippogryph was added. Patch 3.1.0 and Patch 3.2.0 later added two of the other skins, the Argent Hippogryph and Silver Covenant Hippogryph respectively. This skin became available for players about nine years after it was first datamined, making it truly "long forgotten".
- The royal blue/teal variant, however, has not yet been a mount in any form.
- This mount variant was first used by the Sentinels as flying guards in Patch 4.0.3a.
- Using an addon such as the Long Forgotten Hippogryph addon will help mark all known locations of all the crystals.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.