|Location||Edge of Madness; Zul'Gurub|
- "Pain is his lifeblood. Fear, his ally. May he one day return and bring joyous bloodshed with him."
Among the hateful spirits in the Cache of Madness are Gri'lek, a Dire troll stripped of his regenerative abilities by the loa; Renataki, an infamous and sadistic warrior; Hazza'rah, a seer tormented by dire future visions; and Wushoolay, a mighty combatant bristling with the powers of the storms.
- Deadly Poison — Renataki poisons his current target, inflicting 750 Nature damage every 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 20 times.
- Vanish — Renataki vanishes into the shadows. He then reappears and performs an Ambush on a random player.
- Thousand Blades — Renataki spins around, wildly throwing blades and charging at random players. While spinning, he hurls blades in all directions. These blades inflict up to 16000 Physical damage on all players every second for 6 seconds. Damage is reduced the further the player is from Renataki.
- Frenzy — At 30% remaining health, Renataki enters a frenzy. This increases his attack speed by 60% for 2 min.
Renataki is a rogue, one of several bosses which can spawn during the Cache of Madness event within Zul'Gurub. His special ability is to use and he will randomly appear and ambush someone which can do quite a bit of damage. He is not that hard of a boss, just throw a few rogues on him and have them tank him and you can DPS him down. His vanish will not break on dots.
It can break now and then on AoE damage (also by warrior's casting ) and bring him out of stealth, so it might be a good idea to huddle up the caster group with an OT and have the mages and other AoE capable stand at the edges to try and make him visible again before an ambush from him, which usually kills a cloth wearer, and then let the OT pick up the aggro and bring it back to the melee group. Before he vanishes, he usually gouges everyone in melee range, so the mages have a bit of time to get into position.
Each of the four bosses summoned drop two items: they drop one of their exclusive drops and one of their shared drops.
- Ahhh...I shall add a new blade to my collection today...
- Thousand Blades
- Feel the sting of a thousand cuts!
- One Thousand Blades!
- Vanish then Ambush
- Perhaps a quick stab will let out all that tension in your shoulders...
- Rogues do it from behind...
- It only hurts this much the first time. The second time, you're dead.
- Killing a Player
- A swift slice to the throat, and this one falls like any other.
- Learn your place.
- Not even a thousand deaths could put my soul to rest...
Renataki is voiced by Keith Silverstein.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Added.