||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
Renewed Hope is a priest talent on Tier 3 of the Discipline tree that increases the critical effect of your [Flash Heal], [Greater Heal], [Heal] and the healing from [Penance] by 5/10% on targets afflicted by the Weakened Soul effect, or your [Grace] effect.
Tips and tactics
- As both Grace and the Weakened Soul debuff (gained from receiving a [Power Word: Shield]) have a 15 second duration, this talent essentially grants an extra 5/10% crit chance for most of the priest's direct heals, on any target that has been shielded or healed (with these spells) within 15 seconds.
- Although Power Word: Shield does not benefit directly from this talent, [Glyph of Power Word: Shield] does.
- As Power Word: Shield gains the least benefit from this talent, it provides Discipline priests with yet another reason to shield first, heal second.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Moved to Tier 3, no longer reduces damage taken by party and raid members, critical effect chance increased to 5/10%.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Now has a 60-second duration, up from 20 seconds, but a 20-second cooldown.
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): Effect can no longer be dispelled.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): This talent also now allows you to proc the Renewed Hope buff on all party/raid members every time you cast Power Word: Shield, reducing damage taken by 3%. Lasts 20 sec.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.