- Profession nodes that can by looted by gathering or harvesting, yielding raw ingredient items usable by professions or items required by quests, such as herbs or mineral veins. These are objects which can be directly interacted with.
- Resource nodes or 'bases' found in resource race battlegrounds. These grant resource points over time to whichever team currently dominates the base, either through directly capturing the node or simply by having a superior number of players in the area. For more information, see Bases.
Examples of profession-based resource nodes:
- Herb plants (gathered with Herbalism).
- Mineral veins or deposits (gathered with Mining).
- Skinnable corpses (gathered with Skinning).
- Fish-able bodies of water (gathered with Fishing).
- Fishing pools, such as Schools of Fish, in bodies of water (gathered with Fishing).
- Gas clouds, which can be harvested by engineers using the for motes or crystallized ingredients.
- Quest based nodes (Gaea Seeds, Shellfish Traps, Incendia Agave Plants, etc.)