Resurgence is a passive specialization ability for Restoration shamans, available at level 40. It grants the shaman mana on each critical , , , or .
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Mana return for reduced from 33% to 25%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer requires to be active.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Improved Water Shield has been redesigned and renamed Resurgence. When Water Shield is active, Resurgence causes critical direct heals to restore mana (Resurgence rank 2 is roughly equal to 150% of the old Improved Water Shield value when a or critically hits, and scaled down accordingly for faster or multi-target spells).
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Reduced from 3 to 2 ranks. 30/60% chance added to , replacing Lesser Healing Wave.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This talent now has a 10/20/30% chance to be triggered by Chain Heal, and the charges of Water Shield are no longer consumed by this talent.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): now has a reduced chance to trigger this talent.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.