- Revival can instantly save a group that is about to wipe, but with it its 3 minute cooldown, you will only get to use it about twice during a typical boss encounter, and it has a high mana cost. Plan accordingly. It is best cast when most group members are at half health or less.
- Revival regardless of positioning or line of sight rules. It can even be cast from behind closed gates if the monk was separated from the rest of the party when the encounter started (in a raid this usually means a wipe, but in a 5-player dungeon the other players can attempt to pull through even if Revival is the only thing the healer can cast).
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Healing increased by 105.7%.
- Hotfix (2014-10-15): "Revival's healing is no longer split amongst multiple party or raid members."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): New icon.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Healing has been reduced by 30%.
- Hotfix (2013-06-04): "Monk's Revival ability will no longer dispel the Matter Swap debuff."
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now has a healing cap of 15 raid members (up from 6) when used in a 25-player instance.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.