|This article is a Battle for Azeroth stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|It has been suggested that this article or section be split into two or more articles.
|Title||Loa of Kings,
King of Kings
|Location||Sacrifical Pits, Atal'Dazar|
Child of Rezan (offspring)
Rezan is a devilsaur loa revered by the Zandalari, acting as the loa to Zandalari kings. Killed by Zul's followers, his corpse was raised into undeath and is a boss in Atal'Dazar, at the Sacrifical Pits.
Throughout the ages, many kings have ruled over the Zandalari empire. Each one however, knew their place when it came to the great loa and offered their praise to the mightiest of all of them, Rezan. This loa honors deeds over words, but takes slights very seriously and has been known to harbor grudges.
- Rezan, once a loa to the Zuldazar kings, had his soul torn from his body during a ritual. Now, only a twisted husk remains, bent on devouring anyone who enters his hunting grounds.
Rezan is first encountered when his follower, King Rastakhan, was near death after being betrayed by Zul. Despite all of his healers' attempts, Rastakhan was unable to be revived because his soul was in the grip of Bwonsamdi, loa of death. To get Rastakhan back, the Zandalari appealed to Rezan to confront Bwonsamdi and claim back Rastakhan's soul. He was successful, with the caveat that Bwonsamdi would be seeing him again in time.
At Rezan's temple, Zul's followers sought to drain Rezan of his power in the same way the Drakkari once did to their loa. Rastakhan and an adventurer slew Vilnak'dor, the troll performing the ritual, and once he was freed Rezan unleashed his fury upon the Atal'zul and their Kao-Tien allies. Afterward, Rezan convinced Rastakhan to realize he had grown soft and Rastakhan swore to take Zul's head.
When the time came to hunt Zul, Rezan was among the army that Rastakhan gathered and led the charge into Atal'Dazar atop Mount Mugamba. However, during the confrontation with Zul, Rezan was slain. Without his power keeping Bwonsamdi at bay, Rastakhan began aging fast. His undead corpse would walk the lower levels of Atal'Dazar.
You speak to the loa of kings, god of the hunt.
What do you want, small one?
Notes & trivia
- Rezan blessed the mount.
- The prelates serve Rezan, and they are the highest order of holy warriors to serve any loa. Their path is the elite, taking only those gifted from birth with prowess in battle and gifted by the loa, and crafting champions of light to defend their empire. After Rezan's death, the prelates are cut off from his power except for a handful of his followers.
- Princess Talanji is a priestess of Rezan.
- Rezan is unknown to the Darkspear tribe.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
- ^ Quest:The Temple of Rezan
- ^ Quest:The Bones of Xibala
- ^ Rezan Idol
- ^ #Quotes
- ^ Quest:The Will of the Loa
- ^ Quest:To Sacrifice a Loa
- ^ Quest:The King's Gambit
- ^ Mount Journal:
- ^ High Prelate Rata gossip text
- ^ : Princess Talanji says: My loa hears us. Mighty Rezan, lend me your strength!
- ^ : Rokhan says: I don't be knowin' a Rezan, but I be owin' him me thanks.