Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Riding the Storm
90 (Requires 90)
Use the Bronze Claws to mount 8 Shan'ze Cloudrunners. Attack them to free them of their corruption.
- Shan'ze Cloudrider saved x8
Shan Bu, the leader of the Shan'ze, is performing some kind of dark ritual at the summit of the island to the northwest.
We believe that the subjugated Shan'ze Cloudrunners are powering the spell. How, we still do not know.
We believe that the Shan'ze Cloudrunners can still be saved from the corruption that taints them.
Take these bronze claws. Use them to mount the back of a Shan'ze Cloudrunner.
Attack them. Beat some sense back into their heads!
How did it go?
We do not fully understand what the Shan'ze are doing, or the nature of their domination over the wild serpents.
Ban's theory is that the only thing that can cut through the mind control is physical pain.
Once the Shan'ze Cloudrunners feel enough pain, it looses the corruption's hold, and they finally remember who they are.
- 236000 XP
- +250 reputation with Shado-Pan
- This quest is automatically offered after turning in the final of the four prerequisites. Get to the highest peak of the island, on the east side. There, cloud serpents are circling a stormy peak. Land, then wait for a low-flying serpent to fly past, then use the extra action button to jump up to it's back. Defeat it, then target a nearby serpent and use the extra action button to jump directly to it's back. Rinse and repeat, then turn back in at the garrison.
- Due to a bug, your companion will disappear when you mount the cloud serpents and not come back. To make them reappear, logout/login, or leave and return to the zone. Thusly they will be present for turn in and count toward .
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.