Rimefang is a frost wyrm of the Frostbrood. Rimefang was originally the frost wyrm mount of Scourgelord Tyrannus the dreadful master of the Pit of Saron, who was killed by the champions of Jaina Proudmoore and Sylvanas Windrunner. After fleeing the scene, Rimefang waited as a guardian ready to kill the Ashen Verdict's heroes invading the Frostwing Halls.
Frosty was accidentally created when the Lich King's deathly powers raised Rimefang from undeath.
Rimefang's harness, left over after his defeat, had the power to bind frost wyrms to others' will. Vrykul raiders used it in the Pit of Saron for exactly that. After the Knights of the Ebon Blade retrieved the harness, they used it to raise Thorignir drakes at Thorim's Peak in Stormheim.
Pit of Saron
- Main article: Scourgelord Tyrannus
In the Pit of Saron he serves as mount to Scourgelord Tyrannus. During the Tyrannus encounter he flies overhead raining down ice upon the players, and flies away when Tyrannus is slain.
- Icy Blast — Rimefang breaths ice at a player's location, inflicting Frost damage on impact and creating a patch of ice. The ice persists for 1 min., inflicting 2081 to 2419 Frost damage and reducing movement speed by 75% to those caught within the lingering icy chill.
- Hoarfrost — Rimefang unleashes hoarfrost, inflicting 6256 to 8044 Frost damage to players within 8 yards of the point of impact, stunning them for 5 sec.
Icecrown Citadel: Frostwing Halls
- Main article: Sindragosa (tactics)
Rimefang also appears in the Frostwing Halls inside the Icecrown Citadel raid. Upon killing him and Spinestalker, the queen of the Frostbrood, Sindragosa, will spawn.
- Frost Aura — Deals 1080 frost damage every 2 sec.
- Frost Breath — Inflicts Frost damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster, slowing their attack speed by 75% for 4 sec.
- Icy Blast — Deals 4331 to 5569 Frost damage to enemies near the point of impact.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2010-02-05): "Rimefang now flies less frequently in all raid formats."
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Added.