98 - 110 (Requires 98)
15,050 (level 100)
Search within Dalaran for Grave Dust, a Can of Overheated Oil, an Aged Snowplum Brandy and a Stag Blood Sample.
The , oh good choice! It's very powerful and it's held by an even more powerful Dreadlord!
There is a weakness, the skull has a will of its own! If we can commune with the skull we might be able to convince it to serve you instead!
We will need reagents from the floating city before we can perform the ritual to commune with it. Dust from a fresh grave, dark oil, and a powerful alcohol catalyst.
Oh, and blood! I sense a beast whose blood should be perfect.
Did you obtain everything, friend?
Very good! Now, we're ready to begin.
- 15,050 XP (level 100)
- Calydus says: While you are busy, Calydus will search for a suitable location for the ritual.
- <The beast looks at you for a moment and neighs.>
- <Carefully take a small blood sample.>
- <Obtain the blood with your dark magic.>
Using the first option will cause the stag to briefly rear and neigh in pain in addition to granting you the blood sample. Using the second option, however, will cause you to channel a demonic draining spell on the beast until it dies, granting you the blood sample as well as eliciting the following reaction from Breanni.
- Breanni gasps.
- Breanni says: You need to leave, warlock... NOW!
- You hear footsteps behind you!
- Drunken Mage yells: Hey! Tha... thash MY drink! <hic!>
Upon damaging the mage down to 1% health, he gains the "Knock Out" buff and falls asleep on the floor.
- Drunken Mage says: S... sleepy time... <hic!>
Upon obtaining all four reagents:
- Calydus says: Calydus found a perfect spot for the ritual! Come, friend, meet Calydus in the room behind the curtains at the place called the Violet Gate.
Head to the Violet Gate and speak with Calydus to proceed to the next quest.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.