|Race||Ogre lord (Humanoid)|
|Level||82 - 87 Elite|
- This is the fat piece of good-for-nothing that kidnapped Raz.
One of the rare "missing link" ogres on Outland, Rom'ogg Bonecrusher piqued the Twilight's Hammer Cult interest with his merciless treatment of the ogres. He now lords over the Chamber of Incineration, sating his hunger for inflicting torment on others.
- Quake — Rom'ogg Bonecrusher slams the ground, cracking the earth under each player and inflicting 3000 Physical damage each second to them for 3 sec. After 3 seconds, each of the ground cracks then ruptures and inflicts 7125 to 7875 Physical damage to all enemy targets within 4 yards of the crack. In Heroic Difficulty, an Angered Earth creature is summoned from each ground crack.
- Angered Earth — Angered Earth are summoned from Rom'ogg's Quake ability.
- Chains of Woe — At 66% and 33% health remaining, Rom'ogg Bonecrusher summons a mass of chains called the Chains of Woe that pulls each player close to him and immobilizes them. Players must target and destroy the Chains of Woe to free themselves from the immobilize effect. Immediately after Rom'ogg finishes casting Chains of Woe, he begins to use his Skullcracker.
- The Skullcracker — After casting Chains of Woe, Rom'ogg begins to use his Skullcracker. This incredibly powerful attack requires a long windup from Rom'ogg. After 12 seconds, Rom'ogg swings and inflicts 95000 to 105000 Physical damage to all enemies within 12 yards. In Heroic difficulty, Rom'ogg will swing after 8 seconds of windup.
- Wounding Strike — Rom'ogg Bonecrusher strikes his current target, inflicting 125% of a normal melee attack's damage and reducing the healing dealt to the target by 25% for 6 sec.
Clear the front of the room before pulling the boss or you get a nice surprise.
Does bursty damage and puts down a healing reduction effect on the tank.
Will draw everyone in and bind them to some summoned chains. Target the chains and kill/break them. While you are chained, he is casting/preparing a massive small radius attack, so when free everyone should run away to about 10-15 yards and wait for him to get the attack off before going back in.
When he casts quake, all party members need to shift locations slightly away from the current position.
Rinse & repeat.
Heroic: The main difference in heroic is that in addition to causing damage, Quake will summon adds. These adds are non-elite. They should be picked up by the tank and AOEd down by DPS before switching back to Rom'ogg.
Additionally, Skullcracker is an instant kill on anyone in range; so chains must be broken quickly and everyone needs to scatter.
- Boss Cho'gall not gonna be happy 'bout dis!
- Rom'ogg Bonecrusher calls for help!
- Stand still! Rom'ogg crack your skulls!
- Rom'ogg Bonecrusher prepares to unleash The Skullcracker on nearby enemies!
- Killing a player
- Dat's what you get! Noting!
- Rom'ogg sorry...
- Rom'ogg is voiced by Isaac C. Singleton Jr..
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2015-01-13): "Rom'ogg Bonecrusher's Skullcracker ability should now correctly deal damage to Angered Earth elementals, allowing the achievement Crushing Bones and Cracking Skulls to be completed."
- Hotfix (2014-10-30): [Requires a realm restart.] Blackrock Caverns: Angered Earth should now spawn in when Rom'ogg Bonecrusher hits a player with Quake.
- Hotfix (2010-12-21): "Rom'ogg Bonecrusher's Chains of Woe should no longer push players under the world."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.