Ronos Ironhorn is a Highmountain tauren mining trainer found at the Ironhorn Enclave in Highmountain. He is a descendant of the legendary miner Rethu Ironhorn.
- Greetings, miner. Do you seek training?
- Train me in Mining.
During [100 - 110] The Legend of Rethu Ironhorn:
- Open your ears, <name>.
- Tell me your story.
- The first ancestor that any of us can remember was Rethu.
- Rethu Ironhorn was the first of our kind to set hoof on this mountain. He made this plateau his home, and raised his children here. Some say he carved this very camp out of the mountain itself.
- He was a smith, and he was a father, but before any of that... he was a MINER.
- What was he like?
- All stories mention his patience, and most refer to his wisdom. He may have been the greatest miner that our people have ever known, but he was not afraid to share his knowledge with the rest of the herd.
- He trained his sons and daughters, of course, but he also took on apprentices. Greenhoofs who sought direction found themselves ascending Highmountain to learn what he had to teach.
- Everything we know, we owe to him.
- Tell me about Rethu's mining.
- In his youth, he walked the land. He carved out caves and canyons. He spoke to the rocks. Some stories say that this rock-speech was the reason he was ejected from his original tribe.
- His knowledge of leystone was legendary. His time on Azeroth, much like ours, was also plagued with demons, and he worked with ore much like the felslate that you see nowadays.
- He was a pioneer, <name>. We all walk in his long shadow.
- What happened to Rethu?
- Nobody knows. He left the enclave while they slept, and never returned. Some say he sailed off in search of new challenges. Others say that he dug too deep and uncovered something he should not.
- Either way, his legacy lives on, threefold. He left us this land. He left us his knowledge. And he left a lineage - some of us, myself included, bear his surname.