|Race||Nightmare dragon (Dragonkin)|
|Former affiliation(s)||Green dragonflight|
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
Rothos first appeared as a 62 hostile elite green drake found patrolling Seradane in the Hinterlands. He was aided by various dragonkin and another drake, Dreamtracker. After the Cataclysm, Rothos disappeared from the area.
When the dragons from all dragonflights ventured to liberate the Wyrmrest Temple during the war against Deathwing, Rothos made brief appearance being nervous when Nozdormu and his bronze dragons were not present among them. Alexstrasza then sent Rothos to gather the dragons as the dragonqueen wanted to tell them something courageous.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
During the Burning Legion's third invasion of Azeroth, Rothos was corrupted by Xavius and left for the Emerald Nightmare guarding the Dragons of Nightmare. He was killed by the adventurers of the Horde and Alliance.
Attacks and abilities
- The Emerald Nightmare
- Gift of Emeriss — Grants usage of Volatile Infection.
- Volatile Infection — An infection burns within the target, inflicting 16 Nature damage to the target and all players within 8 yds every 3 sec for 15 sec.
- Gift of Lethon — Grants usage of Gloom.
- Gloom — Nightmares periodically fall from above, inflicting 67 Shadow damage to players within 10 yds of the impact area.
- Gift of Taerar — Grants usage of Seeping Fog.
- Seeping Fog — Nightmare fog seeps out from Rothos. If a player comes into contact with the fog, that player is put to sleep for 6 sec and suffers 18 Nature damage every 1 sec for the duration.
- Corrosive Acid Breath — Shoots a cloud of acidic breath at enemies in a cone in front of the caster, reducing their armor and inflicting Nature damage every 5 sec. for 30 sec. Stacks up to 10 times.
- Fade — Turns the caster invisible and increases its movement speed by 50% for 3 sec.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now a mini-boss in the Emerald Nightmare.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed.