Ruins of Southshore
- For the pre-Cataclysm town and associated lore, see Southshore. For other usages, see Southshore (disambiguation).
Southern Hillsbrad Foothills
|Sources: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm|
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Southshore was a well known supply port and a possible staging ground for the Alliance military in the new war, a hindrance to the Forsaken's territorial expansion. As such, Southshore was attacked and destroyed by the Forsaken's New Plague, despite the orders of the Horde leadership to cease production after the Wrathgate incident. The potency of the blight used is dubious, as even the Forsaken responsible for it express mild surprise at how effective it was. The town leadership led those who could escape to the town of Hillsbrad Fields, but some other inhabitants weren't so lucky as the residents were no match for the Forsaken's chemical weapons. The sanctuary found in Hillsbrad Fields proved short lived as that town was eventually assaulted by the Forsaken as well, forcing the survivors to flee once again, this time taking refuge at Fenris Keep in Silverpine Forest.
Southshore was rendered uninhabitable after this, as highly toxic blight remnants were left spread throughout the ruins. The Forsaken took partial control of the ruins but due to the toxicity of the blight, the land would be inhospitable for a hundred years or so. Dark rangers patrolled the roads nearby with domesticated spiders and were occasionally found battling Bloodfang Forsaken Hunters.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content exclusive to Battle for Azeroth.
Raleigh the Devout survived the destruction of Southshore and, years later, returned to clear it of the blight with a cadre of paladins. The Horde tried to enrage the blight creatures to disrupt their efforts.
- Serge Hinott <Alchemy Trainer>
- Darla Harris <Bat Handler>
- Kingslayer Orkus <Red Like My Rage>
- Kasha <Orkus' Faithful Stead>
- Dark Ranger
- Although not talked about recently, the nearby naga on the Eastern Strand are planning to overtake the town, since the humans were pushed out. Killing one will drop to start a the .
- This quest is often bypassed since there's no reason to even go near the Eastern Strand.