- For the character biography, see Rukhmar.
|Location||Spires of Arak|
Rukhmar is a world boss found in the Spires of Arak in Draenor, and started spawning on February 3rd, 2015. She spawns circling Skyreach in the northern part of the zone. The nearest flight path is at the Apexis Excavation, and there is a summoning stone for Skyreach at roughly that can be used to summon the raid.
- Main article: Rukhmar
Rukhmar occasionally appears as a blazing firehawk soaring through the skies high above the Spires of Arak. The origins of the great bird are unknown, though Rukhmar is venerated as a deity by the arakkoa, seen as an embodiment of the sun itself.
Rukhmar harnesses the power of the sun to create fiery phoenix allies to attack players. When defeated, these allies crumble into Piles of Ash that can nevertheless be reignited by exposure to other phoenixes or to Rukhmar's power itself.
- Stay away from Piles of Ash, or the Blaze of Glory explosion caused if you are targeted by Blood Feathers will reignite them.
- When Rukhmar takes to the air, Loose Quills fall on players at random.
- Flee from Energized Phoenixes that are chasing you, and defeat other Phoenixes away from Piles of Ash to avoid reigniting the Piles with Blaze of Glory.
- Rukhmar's body is full of Solar Radiation.
- Pierced Armor increases the damage that a tank takes from Sharp Beak.
- Rukhmar's Solar Breath hits all players in front of her for significant damage.
- Alternate tanking Rukhmar to allow the Pierce Armor effect of her Sharp Beak to fade.
- Energized Phoenixes fixate on random players, but Depleted Phoenixes can be tanked normally.
- Rukhmar's Solar Breath will damage all players in front of her.
- Sharp Beak — The caster lunges forward with their beak, inflicting Physical damage to the target and piercing their armor.
- Pierced Armor — The caster pierces the target's armor. Further Sharp Beak attacks made against the victim inflict 50% more damage.
- Blood Feather — As Rukhmar takes damage, Blood Feathers are dislodged and fall to the ground. On impact, they explode in a Blaze of Glory and create a Fixated Phornix.
- Blaze of Glory — Inflicts 92,500 to 107,500 Fire damage to all enemies within 5 yards of the impact. Any Piles of Ash in the area are ignited into phoenixes that will chase down a random player.
- Loose Quills — Inflicts 74,000 to 86,000 Fire damage to all players within 8 yards.
- Solar Breath — The caster exhales a cone of superheated gas, inflicting 54,000 to 66,000 Fire damage to all enemies within 45 yards in front of the caster.
- Solar Radiation — Rukhmar's very presence burns his enemies. Players suffer 74,000 to 86,000 Fire damage every 15 sec.
Much like in Skyreach, avoid the Piles of Ash at all costs, and kite phoenixes away and kill them far from the ash piles. Help kill other players' phoenixes. Tanks must swap after getting hit by Sharp Beak and face the boss away from the raid because of the Solar Breath. Healers must contend with constant raid damage from Solar Radiation and random damage caused by Loose Quills when Rukhmar is in her air phase.
To check whether Rukhmar has been killed this week, copy and paste this command into the chat window:
If a "true" appears in the chat window, Rukhmar has been killed this week; "false" indicates the opposite.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.