Rulkan (alternate universe)
- For the character from the main universe, see Rulkan.
|Title||Chieftain / Chieftess|
|Affiliation(s)||Shadowmoon Exiles, Alliance|
|Former affiliation(s)||Shadowmoon clan|
|Occupation||Leader of the Shadowmoon Exiles|
|Relative(s)||Ner'zhul (ex-mate), Neema (mother)|
After the forming of the Iron Horde, Grommash visited Ner'zhul's clan and made him an offer: to join the Iron Horde or die. Ner'zhul accepted the offer but Grommash asked him to place a worthy offer on the table- an offer that would help in their campaign. Having access to no material of war, Ner'zhul chose to defile his ancestors by calling on the forbidden Void to save his people. While Rulkan understood his reasoning, she was not willing to commit the same act and so she left to Exile's Rise along with others who agreed with her and they became known as the Shadowmoon Exiles. While they remained mostly at peace, Rulkan would be visited by a liaison of the Prophet. Being good friends with him since before the Iron Horde, she allowed an audience with the liaison. She took Velen's friend in a cave underneath their settlement and told him of all that occurred. She then gave a to help Velen and his allies enter Shadowmoon fortress but not before giving a proposition to the commander. Rulkan is willing to follow the Alliance against the Iron Horde, swearing to fight for them in exchange for learning more about the commander's people.
She can be seen in Highmaul's Coliseum watching her commander's battles.
- Ascendance — The Shaman transforms into a being of raw elemental energy, increasing damage by 50%, healing by 50% and haste by 33% for 30 sec.
- Chain Lightning — Strikes an enemy with a lightning bolt that arcs to another nearby enemy. The spell affects up to 3 targets, causing Nature damage to each.
- Ghost Wolf — Turns the Shaman into a Ghost Wolf, increasing movement speed by 20% and attack speed by 50%.
- Hex — Transforms an enemy into a frog, rendering it unable to attack or cast spells for 12 sec.
- Stormstrike — Instantly attack with all weapons. In addition, Nature damage dealt to the target is increased by 20% for 10 sec seconds.
- Our people deserve better.
- Speak, stranger.
- We are the true Shadowmoon.
- Ancestors forgive us.
- Do what must be done.
- Our people have always drawn their magic form the earth and the moon.
- Nearly three centuries ago, the ancestors sensed a dark magic. A dark source.
- This was magic of shadows. It corrupted the mind, tainting those who used it, driving them mad.
- Since then, our clan was forbidden to use these shadows.
Who are you?
- I am Rulkan, daughter of Neema. I was an elder of the Shadowmoon clan, but am not of the clan any longer.
- Ner'zhul is my husband, but we have parted ways. He took his followers in one direction, and I took mine in another.
During Ancestor's Memory
- Rulkan says: When the Iron Horde came, they gave our clan a choice. Join them or die.
- Rulkan says: My husband Ner'zhul chose to save our people. He joined the Iron Horde, but they asked of him a heavy price.
- Rulkan says: They said:
- Grommash Hellscream says: What good are the stars and visions against steel and powder? Make a worthy offering, or your people shall die.
- Rulkan says: So Ner'zhul turned to the silent void. He broke the ancient laws, and drew upon the dark star.
- Rulkan says: I pleaded with him to stop, but he would not turn back.
- Rulkan says: By breaking this stone, he forswore all loyalty to our ancestors.
- Rulkan says: You must do what I cannot. Stop Ner'zhul. End his madness before it is too late.
- Rulkan says: The Shadowmoon fortress is sealed to outsiders, but this keystone will allow entry. Good luck, hero.
At your garrison
- An honorable fight.
- Another kill.
- Can I be of service today?
- Do you seek your own death?
- Honor to you, commander.
- I'm looking forward to this.
- The elements are calling.
- The eve of your demise is here.
- Well fought, but not well enough.
Notes and trivia
- The main universe version of Rulkan died several years before the time of Rise of the Horde. The exact events that differed in this universe have yet to be detailed, but may be revealed in future content.
- Rulkan is voiced by April Stewart.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.