Runeblade of Baron Rivendare
In the RPG
Baron Rivendare's Runeblade is a powerful bastard sword. It is Baron Rivendare's most prized possession, next to his undead steed, Deathcharger. The finely-crafted blade bears a false hilt and is etched with necromantic runes all down the blade. The blade pulses with cold power, seeming all too ready to draw blood from enemies. In anyone else's hands, the blade is a simply a bastard sword. In the Baron's hands, however, the weapon becomes a keen frost/unholy bastard sword. The powerful blade also grants anyone who wields the blade fast healing. The sword also allows any wielder to cast Bloodlust on themselves.
- The health regeneration is 20 hp per 5 secs, and the movement speed bonus is +8%. Other movement speed increasing effects do not stack.
- The equip effect replicates the Unholy Aura skill of the Death Knight in Warcraft III.
- Despite the weapon being a drop in the updated version of Stratholme, Baron Rivendare was still seen using it while in Naxxramas.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Stats squished.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Item level reduced from 63 to 53.