Runecloth is a cloth item drop from humanoids in the 51-60 level range. It is rarer than , but not as rare as . With the introduction of The Burning Crusade, this item was replaced as the most powerful normal cloth by , which was then replaced by other cloths in subsequent expansions.
As an ingredient
Runecloth is used in the following recipes:
As a quest objective
Runecloth is needed for the following quests:
Places to farm
Number one farming place seems to be in Silithus. Twilight Avengers, located mainly north-west and south-west in Silithus, have a drop rate of 34% (According to www.wowhead.com, based on over 155,000 kills)
Those who have The Burning Crusade expansion can farm in Outland at the Hellfire Peninsula. Bleeding Hollow Peons (59), located in the south-east section of Hellfire Peninsula, have an average drop rate of 33% (According to www.wowhead.com, based on over 125,000 kills).
Possible farming locations:
- Lvl. 50+: Burning Steppes: The black dragonspawn, Firegut ogres, Blackrock orcs, and Dark Iron dwarves there drop runecloth and mageweave.
- Lvl. 50+: Winterspring: Winterfall furbolgs and undead in The Ruins of Kel'Theril drop runecloth regularly.
- Lvl. 55+: Blasted Lands, any humanoid or undead mobs.
- Lvl. 55+: Silithus: Twilight Cultists of all sorts.
- Lvl. 56+: Blackrock Depths (instance)
- Lvl. 57+: Blackrock Spire (instance)
Raw Runecloth, as it's dropped from monsters, can be used in a variety of tradeskill recipes. Most notably it creates and with First Aid. It's also needed for the runic leather line of Leatherworking, and four pieces of Runecloth can be combined to form one with Tailoring.
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Item level modified due to level squish, from 50 to 21.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Stacks to 200, up from 20.
- Patch 0.12 (2004-10-11): Added.