Runes of Rending
|Level||110 (Requires 110)|
- Bypass the wards
- Defeat Raest's minions
My brother and his cultists are engaged in some kind of ritual at the far end of the cave. I tried to intervene, but my brother has left magical wards to block the way.
If you can find a way past them, we may be able to stop him in time!
We must not hesitate!
We're too late, the rift has closed!
We'll have to find another way to get to him.
- 16,450 XP
You have two choices here: you can either purposefully die and resurrect yourself past the runes, or attempt to solve the puzzle. If your choice is the latter, the key is to only step on arcane (light blue) runes.
Given how easy it is to misstep onto a void rune, as well as the tedious nature of the puzzle, most players on this quest elect to do a corpse run instead. (Remember to remove all equipment with durability on them beforehand.)
- Wards bypassed
- Karam Magespear says: The wards have abated! Let us cut through these vile cultists!
- Confront Raest
- Raest Magespear says: You are too late, foolish brother. The Twisting Nether awaits me, and with it, unlimited power! All of Azeroth will kneel upon my return!
- Karam Magespear says: Stop this madness, brother! You can still be redeemed!
- Raest Magespear says: Your tiny mind cannot comprehend the forces that will soon be at my command! Perhaps I should give you a taste...
- Raest sacrifices the remaining Nethersworn Cultists and uses them to form Thar'kith.
- Raest Magespear says: I hope you enjoy my creation, brother. It saddens me that it ends this way...
- Raest leaves through the rift.
- Thar'kith slain
- Karam Magespear says: No! The rift is closing!
- Karam rushes to it, but he's too late.
- Depending on Spec:
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Added.