Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Running Wild is a worgen racial ability, treated by the game as a mount, but only worgen are eligible to learn it. This ability, only usable outdoors, causes the worgen to stretch onto all four legs, increasing movement speed by 60% at level 20-39, and by 100% faster at 40+.
Running Wild | 2010-09-18 00:00 | Zarhym
Ultimately, we feel Running Wild fits very well with the nature of the worgen race. Rather than getting a physical mount, they get down and sprint on all fours. When you're playing a worgen, it just feels awesome. :)
- In some of the earler concepting the worgen were riding a boar-like mount jockingly called the man-bear-pig. But as they started to model it and take a closer look at how the worgen would looking riding their mount, the developer became inscreasingly dissatisfied. So they decided that runnning on all fours fits better for a worgen.
- Though it has been compared to (the original tauren "mount" ability before the addition of kodo mounts), Zarhym has specifically stated that it is somewhat different.
- Running Wild is mechanically identical to a ground mount, and simply uses a special animation rather than a mount graphic.
- Worgen may still use other mounts.
- Before Patch 4.0.6, Running Wild did not work at all in Caverns of Time instances due to Human Illusion forcing Worgen to stay in Human form.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Icon updated.
- Hotfix (2010-12-13): "It is no longer possible to activate Running Wild from a transform or shapeshift form (including Metamorphosis). When leaving a shapeshift form, worgen players will always be in worgen form and cannot toggle Two Forms while shapeshifted."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.