SI:7 Report: Fire From the Sky
86 (Requires 85)
Listen to Sully's report.
- Scout the southeastern shrine
- Scout the southwestern shrine
- Scout the northern shrine
- Return to camp
Yeah, we found Amber, she's alive, and all that. That's about where the good news stops though.
Let's see if I can pick up where ol' Rell left off...
I'm not done with the report yet, <name>. Settle down.
So, now you know why ol Rell's all beat up.
<You detect a change in Sully's facial expression, and he quickly turns away. Is he... crying?>
- 110000 XP
Accept and this time follow in the footsteps of Sully, up at Serpent's Heart, who has one ability:
- Light Scope 90 yd range — Point at an enemy so that Amber can see it. (2 sec cooldown)
Sully starts narrating:
- We were still goin' north when we stopped near this big ol' clearing.
- Rell Nightwind says: Alright, agents. Listen up.
- Little Lu says: Mmm... he considers me an agent.
- Rell Nightwind says: It grows late. We should set up camp for the night. Sully, do you have an axe?
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Naw, but I can put one together in a pinch. Let's see... you need a wood-cuttin' axe, or a people-killin' axe?
- Rell Nightwind says: Wood-cutting. Little Lu, use this axe to gather firewood.
- Little Lu says: Yes sir!
- Rell Nightwind says: Sully. Investigate those shrines to the west. Look for signs of the White Pawn.
- Rell Nightwind says: Amber, find a good perch and give Sully some covering fire. We'll rendezvous back here.
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Aye-aye, sir!
- Amber Kearnen says: Yes, sir.
- Amber Kearnen says: This way, Sully! I see the perfect spot.
- Amber Kearnen says: I'll hide up here in the shadows. If you run into any trouble, just shine a light on the target and I'll take care of them.
- Amber leaps her way upwards until she reaches a high perch on a serpent statue.
- I found an old rifle scope in my pockets. It'd have to do.
- If I saw anything dangerous, I'd hit it with the light, and Amber's sniper rifle would take care of the rest.
Head northwest and cross the water to the central island. Serpent shrines are on the southeast, southwest and north sides of the island, just inland. On the way, Lurking Tigers will come out of stealth. Shine the laser scope (bound to #1 by default) with the tiger targeted and Amber will snipe it. You can "point" the scope in any direction and run from the tigers, which will help minimise damage to Sully. Sully will react with any of the following:
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Boom! Nice one!
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Nice shot, Amber!
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Note to self: Don't get on Amber's bad side.
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Yuck... splatter.
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Tryin' ta sneak up on ol' Sully, huh?
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: I swear, that woman never misses.
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: She hits 'em between the eyes, every time.
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Didn't know I had a sniper on my side, did ya?
At each shrine, Sully will note the lack of the White Pawn:
- I found nothin' at the northern shrine - no White Pawn, no hozen... nothin'.
- I found no sign of the White Pawn at the southwestern shrine.
- However, I did find a friendly raccoon, who began to follow me.
- I decided to name him Gizmo.
- Pointing at Gizmo:
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Hey there, little buddy! I'm gonna name you Gizmo.
- Gizmo says: Squeak!
- Suddenly, Gizmo gets sniped!
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary yells: NO! GIZMO!
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary yells: AMBER, WHY!? I DIDN'T EVEN SHINE MY DAMN LIGHT!
- Shortly afterward, another raccoon befriended me.
- I named him Socks, and quickly moved on.
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: Come on, Socks. Let's get out of here before you get sniped.
After visiting all three:
- After scoutin' the three shrines, I headed back over to camp.
- Socks followed along, faithfully.
- Rell Nightwind yells: AAAHH!!
- Rell Nightwind yells: Over here!
- I returned to find Rell bein' attacked by hozen! Again!
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary yells: AMBER! AIM YER SIGHTS OVER HERE!
- Rell Nightwind yells: Sully! Little Lu! Anyone!
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: No... Rell...
Speak to Sully to continue.
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary says: I... <sniff>... I don't think I can handle the next part! Little Lu, tell <name> what happened next.
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary
- Aw shoot, aw shoot, aw shoot...
- Everything's gone to crap, <name>. This was supposed to be a simple recon mission.
- It wasn't supposed to go this way. We were supposed to find the White Pawn. I should be back in Ironforge by now.
If Sully is killed, your main character will spawn in his place. You will have to run back to Pearlfin Village manually, but even then, a phasing bug will hide everyone but Admiral Taylor. If this happens, log out and back in. The village dwellers should appear back, and Sully among them, letting you redo the quest.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2012-09-28): ""SI:7 Report: Fire From the Sky" should always eject the player from Sully "The Pickle" McLeary's vehicle, and can be completed even if the player dies and returns to camp before completing Sully's event."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.