|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Tribes, clans, and prides
The vicious saberon are a cat-like species native to Draenor.
Few creatures embody the savagery of Draenor as much as the saberon, vaguely feline beasts who have adapted to nearly all of this world’s diverse environments. From the icy caverns of Frostfire to the steamy jungles of Tanaan to the maze-like rocky outcroppings of Nagrand, there’s not a niche that the ferocious saberon haven’t conquered. Saberon outwardly appear more advanced than beasts; they have a social structure and can shape simple tools into weapons. Adventurers should be especially wary of saberon hunting parties, whose coordinated attacks, sharp rending claws, and ability to shadowstep behind prey make them deadly indeed.
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
Appearance and culture
Saberon are cat-like humanoids, standing around 6-7 feet tall. Their ranks include hunters and warriors, as well as witchdoctors and "shadowshapers", both wielders of magic. The saberon have highly developed rituals and customs.
Melee types usually wear minimal clothing, often a simple loincloth, and may fight barehanded or with dual-wielded knife-like weapons. In contrast, the magical types are lavishly decorated with complex garments, ornamentation, and feathers, and wield large and lengthy jawbones as weapons. These saberon are adorned with necklaces, belts, shoulders, bracers, and headdresses, and wear wrap-like garments covering their lower bodies.
The difference between the appearance of the two groups is likely due to the higher position or rank of the magic-wielding types within saberon culture but may also relate to religious or ritual purposes.
|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
- Ashripper <Chieftain of the Steamscar>
- Boneseer Cold-Eye
- Clawtooth <Pride Leader>
- Goldmane the Skinner
- Greatscar <Pride Leader>
- Hermit Palefur
- Hunter Blacktooth
- Huntmaster Sorrowfang
- Keeho the Savage <Prideland Alpha>
- Prowler Sasha
- Ragore Driftstalker
- Ralshiara <Bloodmane Matriarch>
- Redclaw the Feral
- Pridelord Karash
- Skull Thrash
- Smokemaster Snarl
- Talonbreaker <Bloodmane High Shaman>
- Vul'gor <The Shadow of Highmaul>
|Blackfang||The Blackfang <Warboss of the Blackfang>||Fang'rila||Tanaan Jungle|
|Bloodmane||Ralshiara <Bloodmane Matriarch>||Bloodmane Valley||Spires of Arak|
|Snarlpaw||Boneseer Cold-Eye||Snarlpaw Ledge||Nagrand|
|Steamscar||Ashripper <Chieftain of the Steamscar>||Steamscar Rise||Gorgrond|
- Unnamed Frostfire Ridge group
Notes and trivia
- Saberon have strong hearts, and shaman of the Laughing Skull clan find many uses for them.
- Conceptually they seem to be based at least partially on the tigon model.
- The basic saberon model is also used for the druid form.
- Saberon models were in the game during Mists of Pandaria.
- Saberon use the same model skeleton and animations as saurok and male worgen.
- Saberon are the only civilized Draenor race whose origins are not covered in Chronicle Volume 2. In fact, the only time saberon are mentioned in the book at all is in the story of Terokk.