Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
For Protection it absorbs 30% less damage compared to Retribution.
For Holy it also has a 9.5% of base mana cost.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Hotfix (2016-01-28): "Sacred Shield's critical effect should now correctly be reduced by Battle Fatigue."
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): (Holy) mana cost has been reduced by 34%.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10):
- Holy: Sacred Shield now applies its damage absorption shield immediately, can be active on more than one target at a time, but the talent now costs mana and has 3 charges with a 10-second recharge.
- Protection: Sacred Shield is 30% less effective.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Periodic effect can no longer be dispelled. Each individual absorb effect can be dispelled instead.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned and now available to all specializations as a talent. Protects the target with a shield of Holy Light for 30 sec. The shield absorbs damage every 6 sec. Can be active only on one target at a time.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Internal cooldown has been increased to 60 seconds, up from 30.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Added.