Samuro (Warcraft III)
|Affiliation(s)||Burning Blade clan|
|Former affiliation(s)||Old Horde, Horde|
Samuro once lived in a village with his brethren. Unfortunately for him, a bloodthirsty wildkin known as Bloodbeak destroyed his village. With vengeance in mind, Samuro hunted Bloodbeak until he finally met with success. Bloodbeak was slain, and Samuro could pay attention to his newly assigned task of sabotaging a Kul Tiras base camp near the coast.
Samuro was successful in this as well by using stealth to place demolition charges near vital structures of the Kul Tiras base (likely Tiragarde Keep). With his mission accomplished, , , and could continue with a mission of their own, and Samuro was free to continue as he wished.
- Throm-Ka, brother. I am Samuro. My humble skills are yours. entrusted me with a batch of explosive wards filled with an unstable concoction. If I can place them on some critical structures, I could create enough of a distraction to allow you to sneak across the channel in this boat.
- He has the same quotes as a normal Blademaster.
- See: Quotes.
- Samuro is also a random name for Blademasters in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.
- It is possible for the player to control Samuro and kill to receive an Orb of Lightning and destroy his altar of kings to receive a Crown of Kings +5 in the mission. However, the quest doesn't require killing any units, but even if Samuro doesn't kill Dagren the paladin may have been later killed by a group of naga.
- An orc named appears in World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade as the lead singer of the metal band Elite Tauren Chieftain. Samuro's appearance in Heroes of the Storm is confirmed to be the same character as the blademaster from Warcraft III and not the singer, establishing that they are separate characters. The blademaster's in-game quotes and character interactions with Rexxar and Chen in HotS supports this notion, and he also denies any relations with the band E.T.C., even stating that he is not that Samuro.
- Samuro was originally based on an old image done by Samwise Didier for a Dungeons & Dragons character named "Grumok the wanderer". Originally "just an orc character with a sword", the character design eventually made its way into Warcraft III as an orc hero, similar to Didier's creation of and the pandaren race.
- Samuro is a playable character in Heroes of the Storm.
Artwork from Heroes of the Storm.