Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- Main article: Yogg-Saron (tactics)
|Location||Prison of Yogg-Saron, Ulduar|
Sara is the vrykul avatar of Yogg-Saron who assists players during phase one of his encounter. After revealing her true form, she transforms into a val'kyr, becoming hostile and attacking players for the remainder of the fight.
Phase One Sara has 3 abilities which she uses to help your raid, but also hurts your raid in one way or another.
- Sara's Fervor Increases a friendly target's damage by 20%, but also increases damage taken by the target by 100%. Lasts 15 sec.
- Sara's Blessing Heals a friendly target for 27000 to 33000, but also causes 60000 Shadow damage over 20 sec.
- Sara's Anger Inflicts 12500 Shadow damage every 3 sec, but increases physical damage done by 12000. Lasts 12 sec.
Phase Two When Sara's life has been depleted Yogg-Saron will rise from the saronite pool and Sara will transform into a val'kyr, and try to kill you.
- Psychosis — 5000 Shadow damage and reduce Sanity by 12. One second cast, spammed on random raid members when Sara is not casting anything else.
- Brain Link — Link two random players with a beam. Targets take 3000 Shadow damage and lose 2 Sanity per second while they are more than 20 yards apart.
- Malady of the Mind4 second debuff. Target takes 5000 Shadow damage, loses 3 Sanity and gets feared. The debuff jumps to another target within 10 yards upon expiration.
- Death Ray Slowly moving green beams which deal 20k Nature damage every 0 sec. Malady of the Mind renders players immune to this effect.
- Help me! Please get them off me!
- What do you want from me? Leave me alone!
- The time to strike at the head of the beast will soon be upon us! Focus your anger and hatred on his minions!
- Sara's Fervor
- Yes! YES! Show them no mercy! Give no pause to your attacks!
- Sara's Anger
- Let hatred and rage guide your blows!
- Player dies
- Could they have been saved?
- Powerless to act...
- Phase One wipe
- Voice of Yogg-Saron whispers: Weak-minded fools!
- Phase Two
- Sara yells: I am the lucid dream.
- Sara yells: The monster in your nightmares.
- Sara yells: The fiend of a thousand faces.
- Sara yells: Cower before my true form.
- Yogg-Saron yells: BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH!
- Tremble mortals before the coming of the end!
- Suffocate upon your own HATE!
Just as Yogg-Saron's name is a Lovecraft reference, Sara is possibly named for that author's mother, Sarah Susan Phillips Lovecraft. Lovecraft himself avoided relationships with women and was rumored to be extremely dependent on his mother, with speculation that Lovecraft's relationship with his mother was probably painful and that she was an important (and terrible) person in his life.
Alternatively, it could simply be that "Sara" is similar to "Saron", the second part of the Old God's name.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.