||It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Saa'ra.
- Reason: Same being, just different name when in corrupted state.
- Please discuss this on the Discussion page.
Saraka the Lighteater is a Void god located at the Hall of Balance in Netherlight Temple.
Saraka was once a naaru named Saa'ra, having fallen deeper into the Void state and becoming a void god. Instead of killing Saraka, the draenei confined it in Netherlight Temple for research into the Void. At the onset of the Burning Legion's third invasion of Azeroth, Prophet Velen led priests of all denominations from Azeroth to Netherlight Temple. Their combined efforts, with the help of a priest adventurer wielding a powerful artifact, managed to return Saa'ra to the Light. The purified naaru remained in Netherlight Temple after it was turned into the Class Hall for the priest Conclave.
- Saa'ra's case is the only known occurrence of a void creature returning to the Light, and probably the first time this has ever happened too given the amount of time the naaru and draenei spent studying it, and that the participation of the most powerful priests in existence was necessary in order to achieve this feat.
- The method of Saraka's cleansing differs based on the artifact used by the priest during the ritual. [Light's Wrath] will purge the Void god with holy fire, [T'uure, Beacon of the Naaru] will fill it with healing light, and [Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire] will draw out its Void energy.
- Despite being a void god, in Before the Storm it is called a void lord.