|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
Savage Defense is an active Guardian druid ability. The druid can accumulate up to 2 spendable charges. After charges are spent, they recover at a rate of 1 charge every 12 seconds. Savage Defense is not on the global cooldown. It costs 60 rage and 1 charge to add 6 seconds to the dodge buff.
- Savage Defense is a proactive cooldown and should be used before you take damage.
- It can be used to increase the dodge chance against certain types of special attacks.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now also reduces physical damage taken by 25%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Savage Defense can now accumulate 2 charges (down from 3 charges), and regenerates a charge every 12 seconds (up from 9 seconds).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned into an active Guardian ability. Increases chance to dodge by 45% for 6 sec.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Redesigned slightly. Instead of a single charge absorption, it now places an absorption effect on the druid absorbing up to 35% of the druid's attack power (modified by mastery, if applicable) in damage and lasting 10 seconds. There are no longer any charges on the effect.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The animation for gaining this buff will no longer make the bear stand upright.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.