Saving Foreman Oslow
- Foreman Oslow Saved
<Upon touching the orb you hear a faint click.>
<You remove the orb from the pedestal.>
You now control the orb, therefore you now control the ettins. Maybe you can use an ettin to remove the huge boulder currently crushing Foreman Oslow over at Lakeshire. Find an ettin and use the orb on the ettin. Then head over to Lakeshire.
("Canyon Ettin: Canyon Ettins: Ugly and mean.")
That boulder fell from the sky. It's a miracle he's still alive.
You used an ettin to remove the boulder that was crushing Foreman Oslow? Incredible work, <name>! Oslow will be grateful once he regains his composure.
Exit the cave and head out to find a Canyon Ettin. Get close, then use the control orb to tame it. It's now a guardian that hits rather hard. Take advantage of this to kill Yowler for before heading down to the bridge to save the foreman.
Getting close to the bridge, "Use your Ettin Control Orb to force your ettin to lift the boulder!" appears as a reminder. Use the orb and watch the script event:
- Subdued Canyon Ettin says: ROCK NOT SO HEAVY! PUNY HUMIES!
- The ettin effortlessly picks up the rock and holds it over his head. Oslow stands up, dusts himself off and looks in horror at what's about to happen.
- Subdued Canyon Ettin says: Where trow? TROW ON BRIDGE??
- Bridge Workers:
- NO, NO, NO! Please!
- ANYWHERE BUT THE BRIDGE!
- Subdued Canyon Ettin says: OK! Me trow in water!
- The ettin runs to the dock east of the bridge, turns left, and safely tosses it in the lake. It then runs back up into the canyons to the north.
- Subdued Canyon Ettin yells: BYE, BYE, DADDY!
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.