Savory Deviate Delight
- Somebody stole a recipe from a pirate named Stinkbraid, and strange things started happening to those who made the delicious dish. When you try Savory Deviate Delight, beware of flipping out. Or turning into a pirate.
This item is created with Cooking (85); taught by .
Eating a Savory Deviate Delight randomly has one of these two effects:
- Flip Out - a buff that changes the character model into a ninja for 60 minutes. The ninja is a human dressed entirely in black with a black bandana across its face. (This transformation looks very similar to a human dressed in the Defias Leather armor set, with a black bandana rather than a red bandana)
- Yaaarrrr - this buff transforms the character into a human pirate for 60 minutes.
In earlier patches, Savory Deviate Delight also bestowed a number of other possible effects, including "fake death," a short-term Fear effect, and a rapid-cast buff. Some players misused the Savory Deviate Delight's Fear-like effect to glitch their way past closed gates such as those in Blackwing Lair.
For non-humans, certain emotes change while Flip Out or Yaaarrrr are in effect. These include /cry, /laugh, /cheer, /chicken, /yawn, /train, /silly and /sigh which are all replaced by the human versions.
- The Use effect states "Eat me," which is what Alice's cake says that causes her to grow.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Mild Spices are no longer a required reagent. Yaaarrrr (the pirate costume buff) now has a detailed tooltip.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Priests who switch to no longer remove the transformation effect.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): All effects other than pirate and ninja transformations were removed.