||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4 but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
- The subject of this article does not exist on the retail realms anymore.
- The categories should reflect this, and should not include retail realm categories.
- For lore, see Renault Mograine.
- Main article: High Inquisitor Whitemane (Classic)
Scarlet Commander Mograine was the young commander of the military forces of the Scarlet Crusade at Scarlet Monastery. He was a level 40 elite paladin boss located in the Crusader's Chapel of the Cathedral in the Scarlet Monastery.
- [Crusader Strike]-Inflicts 60% weapon damage to an enemy and increases the Holy damage it takes per application of Crusader Strike. Can be applied up to 5 times. Lasts 15 sec.
- [Divine Shield]-Protects the paladin from all damage and spells for 12 sec, but increases the time between your attacks by 100%. Once protected, the target cannot be made invulnerable by Divine Shield, Divine Protection, Hand of Protection again for 1 min.
- [Hammer of Justice]-Stuns an enemy, rendering it unable to move or attack for 4 sec.
- [Lay on Hands]-Heals a friendly target to full health.
- [Retribution Aura]-Causes Holy damage to any creature that strikes a nearby party member. Players may only have one aura on them per paladin at any one time. The aura lasts until canceled.
Mograine and Whitemane are part of a scripted two-part boss fight. After clearing the Crusader's Chapel of the other Crusaders (every nook and cranny in the Chapel MUST be cleared, to avoid being attacked by the trash during the battle with Mograine) you can safely aggro the Scarlet Commander. Only the patrolling trash will respawn, so you can take as long as you like on the stationary mobs in the cathedral. He uses [Hammer of Justice] (3 sec stun), Crusader Strike (increases holy damage on target), [Retribution Aura], and [Divine Shield] (invulnerable for 10 seconds). He hits hard and can take a lot of pain — but he does not heal.
After he dies, High Inquisitor Whitemane comes out and attacks; once she reaches about 40-50%, she sleeps the entire group (even any high level help you might have) and resurrects Mograine. According to popular belief, it is thought that you need to kill Whitemane first or she will resurrect Mograine again; she does not, but it is good to kill Whitemane first because she will heal herself and Mograine occasionally.
- Infidels. They must be purified!
- Killing a player