|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.|
- The venom of the scorpid burns the blood and scars the flesh.
Scorpid Poison infects a single target with poison doing X Nature damage over 10 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times  , increasing the damage done and refreshing the duration of the poison.
|Rank||Total damage||Minimum tick||Maximum tick|
- Adds a small amount of threat.
- Scorpid poison is affected by the pets spell damage (increased by the hunter's Ranged Attack Power) which increases damage dealt.
- Any damage increasing effects active when the first scorpid poison afflicts the target will continue to affect each tick of the poison for as long as it stacks making very high damage over time possible.
- Poison-dispelling abilities remove only one application of Scorpid Poison, not the entire stack.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The coefficient of Scorpid Poison (Scorpid) has been lowered.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): The damage dealt with this ability has been reduced to 1/3 of what it used to deal.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Ranks of this ability now appear in correct order in the pet training window.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Added.