Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Scorpid Sting (hunter ability)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
- "How do you expect to fight when you are too weak to pick up your sword?"
Scorpid Sting was a ranged ability that reduced the target's chance to hit with melee and ranged attacks by 3%.
Tips and tactics
- The old version of Scorpid Sting was of dubious utility, and was rarely used (it reduced agility and strength by a static amount). The new version may deserve a second look. When used against fast hard-hitting melee mobs, it can make a significant difference to damage taken by a tank. When a mob is dealing several thousand damage per hit, an increased miss rate greatly matters.
- Scorpid Sting does not apply to spell hit, and is useless against casters. However, using Scorpid Sting against Warriors and Rogues should be considered.
- Scorpid Sting does not stack. If there are multiple hunters in the group or raid, designate one to use Scorpid Sting when appropriate. Additionally, it does not stack the hit reduction effect from .
- Scorpid Sting doesn't cause damage, and so won't break various crowd control effects (like or ) unlike . Since only one sting can be active at a time, this can be useful for removing Serpent Sting.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Changed from reducing Strength and Agility to a flat reduced chance to hit by 5%.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Fixed a bug where it was not considered a poison. It can now be removed by poison curing effects.