Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-08-01): "Now deals both physical and shadow damage to multiple targets when the Unholy Death Knight is standing in their own Death and Decay."
- Patch 6.2.3 (2015-11-17): Damage has been increased by 10%.
- Hotfix (2015-01-13): "Scourge Strike's damage has been increased by 28%."
- Hotfix (2014-10-30): Damage has been increased by 50%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer deals additional damage for each disease present on the target. The ability now deals 100% Physical weapon damage, and 50% Shadow weapon damage. These two effects can independently critically hit.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now deals 3.8% more damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now replaces Blood Strike.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now deals 100% weapon damage, up from 70%. Cost reduced to one Unholy rune, down from one Unholy and one Frost.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Now deals 70% weapon damage, plus 12% of physical damage done as shadow damage for each of the death knight's diseases on the target. The net result should be larger strikes with no diseases present, while maximum damage with all diseases applied to the target should stay the same.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Redesigned. The base ability now deals 50% weapon damage plus an additional amount as physical damage. However, for each disease the death knight has on the target, the target will take additional shadow damage equal to 25% of the physical damage done.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Weapon damage bonus reduced to 40%, down from 45%. Damage increased by 10% per disease on the target, down from 11%.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Damage increased.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.