We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Scroll of Resurrection
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.4.7.
The Scroll of Resurrection was a method introduced by Blizzard to lure back players who have quit playing World of Warcraft. By entering either an email address or the name and realm of the character the recipient last played on, players with an active account could try and get somebody back to play the game. As of February 18, 2014, the Scroll of Resurrection is no longer available. With the release of World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, it was replaced by the Character Boost service.
The recipient received an email with a link that expired in thirty days. If the recipient decided to 'accept' the scroll he or she received ten days of free play time. If the recipient paid afterward for one month of play, the sender of the scroll was rewarded with a free month of game time for him or her self. There were however limitations to this method:
- One could send out only five scrolls at a time.
- One could receive only up to three scrolls.
- Only players that haven't played World of Warcraft for at least 90 days are eligible to receive scrolls.
- One could accept only one scroll per account.
The New Scroll of Resurrection
- One character instantly boosted to level 80
- One free character move to the player's (that invited) faction/realm
- A free upgrade to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- 7 free days of game time
The returning player would also:
- Have their bags replaced with 4 20-slot bags.
- Have First Aid trained up to 450.
- Have equipped one of the Cataclysm starting sets, exclusive to the Scroll of Resurrection system before Patch 5.3.0.
- All previously worn gear, items that were in the bags, and the replaced bags are mailed to the player.
- Patch 5.4.7 (2014-02-18): Removed.