||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.0.2.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
"A Crusader's judgement means death to his foes and strength unto his allies."
- Seal of the Crusader
- Paladin ability
- global cooldown
- Instant cast
- Fills the Paladin with the spirit of a crusader for 30 sec, granting X melee attack power. The Paladin also attacks 40% faster, but deals less damage with each attack. Only one Seal can be active on the Paladin at any one time.
Unleashing this Seal's energy will judge an enemy for 20 sec, increasing Holy damage taken by up to Y. Your melee strikes will refresh the spell's duration. Only one Judgement per Paladin can be active at any one time.
Seal of the Crusader grants the Paladin a buff that increases his Attack Power and attack speed, but reduces damage done per swing.
As with other Seals, Seal of the Crusader can be judged on a target, afflicting them with Judgement of the Crusader, a debuff that increases the holy damage done to that target.
[Improved Seal of the Crusader] (3 ranks) increases the critical strike chance of all attacks against a target afflicted by Judgment of the Crusader by 1% per rank. [Sanctified Seals] also increases the critical strike chance of all melee and spell attacks by 1% and decreases the chance for seals to be dispelled by 33% per point.
Tips and Tactics
- Using [Seal of Command] or [Seal of Righteousness] after applying Judgement of the Crusader to your target will yield consistently higher damage. Judging these two Seals will not remove the Judgement of the Crusader.
- Seal of the Crusader is NOT a good seal for DPS or tanking paladins. Although it increases your attack speed, it makes each hit deals less damage. So its real benefit in damage output is the additional attack power it provided. Obviously, this means this seal doesn't scale with your gear, unlike [Seal of Command], [Seal of Blood] or [Seal of Righteousness]. Seal of the Crusader is only good if you have extremely low attack power. This is the reason why no experienced paladins with reasonable gear use Seal of the Crusader.
- While Seal of the Crusader is mostly useful for its judgement, the seal itself can be helpful when levelling weapon skill, espescially on slow two-handed weapon types.
Improvements to Judgement of the Crusader
Certain pieces of gear can increase the power of this judgement, effectively allowing one paladin to use gear specialised in delivering the judgement and another to judge something else, but allowing both paladins (and even priests, with [Smite], [Holy Nova] and [Holy Fire]) to receive the benefit from the improvements to Judgement of the Crusader. These bonuses also receive bonuses from the talent [Improved Seal of the Crusader].
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Removed.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): This ability now increases the damage dealt by [Crusader Strike] by 40%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): The rank 7 tooltip has been fixed to read the same as other ranks of this spell.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Fixed a bug that displayed the incorrect amount of attack power increased by ranks 2, 3 and 5 of the spell.
- Patch 1.2.2 (2005-2-15): Fixed a bug where damage per swing was increasing instead of decreasing when Seal of the Crusader was active.
- Patch 1.1.1 (2004-11-17): Now introduced at level 6.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.