Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Secrets of Ragefire
|The Secrets of Ragefire|
The Secrets of Ragefire is a scenario in World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria.
- Infiltrate the Emberdeep Caverns and assist the Gob Squad in investigating a recent disappearance in Durotar.
- A mystery drives you and the ingenious Gob Squad to unveil the horrors of the Ragefire Caverns!
Citizens of Durotar are disappearing, and all clues point to Ragefire Chasm. Along with the resourceful Gob Squad, you must break in to the fortified tunnels of Ragefire and discover what Warchief Garrosh Hellscream has hidden away. Hold off Kor’kron guards and help the goblins assemble powerful bombs as you make your way through the facilities – and be sure you survive to inform Chieftain Vol’jin of your findings.
Stage 1: Infiltration
- Breach the main chamber and stop the mongrel forces.
- Breach the main chamber.
- Grit says: Newt get that door open.
- Newt says: Yes sir!
- Grit says: Patch, Tinker and Volt, you three back her up.
- Ticker says: On it.
- Grit says: Recruit <name>, you're with me.
- Grit says: We've tracked the recent disappearances in Durotar to this abandoned section of Ragefire.
- Grit says: It's our job to find out who's behind these abductions and put a stop to them.
- Grit says: Stay close.
When the Gob Squad reaches the door.
- Grit says: Newt we need this door open now.
- Newt says: I'm setting the last charge now, sir!
Blow up the door and breach the main chamber.
- Grit yells: Move! Move! Move!
- Defeat the enemy forces.
- Grit yells: What the...
- Dark Shaman Xorenth yells: Intruders! Stop them!
- Ticker yells: Sir, these Kor'kron don't seem very friendly!
- Grit yells: Gob Squad defend yourselves!
- Dark Shaman Xorenth yells: Weaklings!
- Dark Shaman Xorenth yells: Seal the gate, and inform the overseer immediately.
- Patch yells: We aren't your enemy, Xorenth!
- Dark Shaman Xorenth yells: All lesser races are enemies of the true horde!
- Grit yells: We'll show you who's lesser!
Stage 2: Reconnaissance
- Investigate the main chamber.
- Volt says: Sir these are Garrosh's men.
- Grit says: This is bad.
- Grit says: All of you fan out and search the chamber. If Garrosh is behind this we're going to need proof.
- Investigate the Proto-drake Eggs.
- Young proto-drake eggs line the cavern floor.
- Many recently hatched eggs fill the surrounding area.
- With this many proto-drakes, no place would be safe from Garrosh's invasion.
- Patch says: Protodrakes eggs... Is Garrosh working with the Dragonmaw? Orcs on protodrakes sounds bad to me, <name>, very bad.
- Investigate the Supply Crates.
- These crates bare the mark of the Kor'kron.
- Various weapons and other war supplies lay strewn about the cavern.
- From the looks of things, Garrosh is planning an invasion.
- Investigate Pandaria Artifacts.
- Many artifacts lay here, seemingly discarded.
- Most appear to have come from Garrosh's digsite in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- Whatever he is trying to find, it does not appear to be among these forgotten relics.
- Newt says: These are from the dig site in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. What is Garrosh trying to find there?
Stage 3: The Sealed Gate
- Help Ticker build a device to open the next gate.
- Meet up with Grit and Ticker.
- Grit yells: Quickly <name>, we need you over here!
- Grit says: Can you open this, Ticker?
- Ticker says: I've got just the thing!
- Ticker says: I've been saving this for a special occasion.
- Grit says: A mantid bomb?! Are you sure that won't bring down the whole cavern?
- Ticker says: We need to make a few modifications but it will get the job done.
- Ticker says: Recruit, bring me that pool pony, three cannon balls, two batteries, and some of that protodrake egg yolk.
- Grit yells: You heard the goblin, <name>, get to work!
- Deliver 3 Cannon Balls.
- Core Spiders appear from the lava!
- Deliver 2 Batteries.
- Deliver 1 Pool Pony.
- Deliver 1 Egg Yolk.
- Proto-Drake Whelps hatch from the nearby eggs!
Stage 4: Holdout
- Defend the Gob Squad while Patch establishes an escape route.
LDefend the Squad
- Ticker yells: My masterpiece is finished!
- Volt says: It's... It's beautiful!
- Newt says: What the heck is the pool pony for?
- Ticker says: Don't question my genius!
- Ticker says: This thing can open Gallywix's personal safe!
- Ticker says: Once the detonator goes off in... er... NOW!
The bomb explodes.
- Volt yells: Help!
- Patch yells: Warn us a little sooner next time!
- Volt yells: I'm on fire!
- Patch yells: Calm down I'd hardly call that a fire!
- Newt yells: Ticker?! Wake up!
- Grit says: That door didn't even budge...
- Grit says: Patch, setup the emergency teleporter! We need to report this to Vol'jin immediately.
- Patch says: Right away, Sir!
- Overseer Elaglo yells: You will never escape these caverns!
- Overseer Elaglo yells: The true horde, the pure horde, cannot be stopped!
- Grit yells: Recruits you're the only ones left that can fight!
- Overseer Elaglo yells: Destroy them! FOR THE HORDE!
- Grit yells: Defend us until the teleporter is ready!
- Overseer Elaglo yells: Fools! The true horde cannot be stopped by the likes of you.
After defeating Overseer Elaglo...
- Patch yells: The teleporter is ready! Let's get out of here!
- Grit yells: Everyone out before more of them show up!
Final Stage: Egress
- Escape with the Gob Squad.
- During the early PTR, its name was "The Secrets of Emberdeep".
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-10-15): "Damage for enemy spells and abilities in the Scenario have been squished."
- Hotfix (2013-05-22): "Fixed an issue where certain situations could cause the Scenario to get stuck on Stage 3."
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Added.