An ability of the Warlock's Succubus pet, Seduction mesmerizes a target and renders them unable to attack, cast, move, or use any other abilities. Any damage caused to the target will remove the effect.
Seduction is already known by the Succubus when it becomes available at level 20.
Seduction has a 1.7-second casting time and is channeled, so the Succubus can't perform any other action while seducing and can be interrupted. This ability only works on humanoids and lasts for 30 seconds against mobs, but only 8 seconds against players, and is subject to diminishing returns in PvP. Any damage inflicted on the target will break Seduction instantly.
Seduction on other players is controlled by diminishing returns, which means that you can't seduce a player an unlimited number of times. Not only that, but Seduction and are in the same diminishing returns category, preventing alternating use for long periods of time.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now has a 30-second cooldown.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Cast time and mana cost reduced, duration increased. Some related talents removed from game.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-13): Succubus pets will be smarter about when to use Seduction.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-04-19): Now considered a Fear effect for purposes of diminishing returns.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Mana cost reduced, increased the chance of breaking early.
- Patch 0.12 (2004-10-11): Now only works against Humanoids.
- Patch 0.11 (2004-09-29): Now has a short cast time. Cooldown timer has been removed.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Cost changed to a percentage of the Succubus' mana.