The Seething Shore is a 10vs10 battleground for level 110 players, introduced in Legion. It is a tropical island in the Veiled Sea off the west coast of Silithus and Feralas, where Azerite is erupting onto the surface. Ogre ruins can be found across the island, and Alliance and Horde gunships hover over it. Nathanos Blightcaller and Mathias Shaw oversee their factions' efforts on the island, and serve as announcers for gameplay purposes.
- Azeroth has been dealt a terrible blow; her wound is grave, and a powerful new substance known as Azerite has been seen seeping up to the surface. As hostilities between the Horde and Alliance reignite, both factions recognize Azerite’s potential to turn the coming battle in their favor.
- Located on an island near Silithus, the Seething Shore challenges teams to compete for control of Azerite nodes. Three nodes are active at any given time, and the first team to collect 1,500 Azerite claims victory.
- To succeed, you’ll need team coordination to lock down control of the various nodes across the island, all while keeping a keen eye on the sky for additional power-ups that could give your team the edge you need.
Notes & trivia
- It was initially announced at BlizzCon 2017 alongside Battle for Azeroth features, and was previewed for Legion in the PTR for patch 7.3.5. Later, during the week of February 27 of 2018, it became a Brawl, and in March 7, a fully functional battleground.
- Most of the soldiers aboard the the two gunships above Seething Shore were previously found on Ashran.
PTR's first version of the loading screen.
A gnomish plane crashed in Seething Shore.
Azerite in Seething Shore.
Ogre ruins in Seething Shore.
Silithus seen from Seething Shore.
- Special preview went live on February 27. Placed in normal rotation on March 6.