The Seething Shore is a 10vs10 battleground for level 110 players, introduced in Legion. It is a tropical island in the Veiled Sea off the west coast of Silithus and Feralas, where Azerite is erupting onto the surface. Ogre ruins can be found across the island, and Alliance and Horde gunships hover over it. Nathanos Blightcaller and Mathias Shaw oversee their factions' efforts on the island, and serve as announcers for gameplay purposes.
The Sword of Dawn and Tempest's Roar gunships, flying in Uncharted Territory above the shore, serve as the new training area for level-boosted charters.
- Azeroth has been dealt a terrible blow; her wound is grave, and a powerful new substance known as Azerite has been seen seeping up to the surface. As hostilities between the Horde and Alliance reignite, both factions recognize Azerite's potential to turn the coming battle in their favor.
- Located on an island near Silithus, the Seething Shore challenges teams to compete for control of Azerite nodes. Three nodes are active at any given time, and the first team to collect 1,500 Azerite claims victory.
- To succeed, you'll need team coordination to lock down control of the various nodes across the island, all while keeping a keen eye on the sky for additional power-ups that could give your team the edge you need.
Large quantities of Azerite has been discovered off the coast of Feralas in a forgotten unexplored island now known as the Seething Shore.
- Master Mathias Shaw says: You all look like a sturdy lot. Hmm... could use another rogue or two, I'd say... but you'll do!
- Master Mathias Shaw says: Champions, Azerite deposits have been located on an island off the coast of Feralas. We must secure them before the Horde does.
- Master Mathias Shaw says: We've brought our ship around to the center of the island. Collect as much Azerite as you can. It is the key to victory!
- Master Mathias Shaw says: There's a rich Azerite deposit below us, heroes. Get down there and collect all you can. And if those Horde marauders gets in your way... put them down!
- Master Mathias Shaw says: Heroes! We're dropping supplies down to you. Don't let the Horde get their hands on it!
- Master Mathias Shaw says: Supplies incoming! Grab them, champions!
- Azerite Deposit
- Master Mathias Shaw says: We have spotted more azerite eruptions around the island. The locations are marked on your map!
- Master Mathias Shaw says: More azerite eruptions! Locate them on your map and secure those sites!
- Master Mathias Shaw says: You're doing well so far, heroes. But we need more azerite!
- Master Mathias Shaw says: You kept that azerite out of the Horde's hands. Well done!
- Master Mathias Shaw says: You're doing good work. Just a bit more azerite and the day is ours!
- Master Mathias Shaw says: Damn! The Horde got the upper hand this time. But I swear upon Lion's Rest that we will yet claim victory!
- Master Mathias Shaw says: Nicely done, champions! King Wrynn will be pleased to learn of your victory. For the Alliance!
- Unused quotes
- Master Mathias Shaw: Horde vessel incoming! No doubt that scum followed us here. Battle stations!
- Master Mathias Shaw: Fire! Take out those healers!
- Master Mathias Shaw: Hah! These Horde think they're clever? Teach them a lesson!
- Master Mathias Shaw: Fight for the king! Fight for the Alliance!
- Master Mathias Shaw: Drive them out! This island is ours!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Let me have a look at you. Ugh... pathetic! Why aren't there any dark rangers in your ranks? Well, you'll have to do.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Champions of the Horde! We have found Azerite deposits on some wretched island off the Feralas coast. It is your duty to secure it in the name of the Dark Lady!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Your mission here is simple. Collect every bit of azerite and leave nothing for the Alliance to find. I trust that isn't too hard to grasp.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Down there... azerite! Take it for our warchief. And should those Alliance get in your way, litter the beach with their corpses. Move!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Supplies are on your way. I better not see the Alliance getting them before you do!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Grab these supplies, if you need them. But don't lose sight of the Banshee Queen's prize!
- Azerite Deposit
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: There are more azerite eruptions around this blasted island! Check your map to find them.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Zounds! There's even more azerite to be had. Follow your map and lock down those sites!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: An acceptable first effort, but we need more azerite!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Ha! Snatched it out of the Alliance's hands! Well struck!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Almost there. Do not relent. More azerite!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: You lost? To them? Pathetic! Report to the Undercity for remedial training. Apparently I have to start with square one with you!
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: That was far from what I called elegant victory, but at least you put those alliance dogs in their place. For the Horde!
- Unused quotes
- Nathanos Blightcaller: Alliance vessel incoming! Those curs are laughing at our heals. Well, get to battle stations!
- Nathanos Blightcaller: Fire! Don't leave one of those bastards breathing!
- Nathanos Blightcaller: The Alliance calls those soldiers?! Miserable! That one can barely swing a sword!
- Nathanos Blightcaller: Take them down! You do not want to disappoint your warchief!
- Nathanos Blightcaller: Is that... worgen I smell? It's hard to be sure over the overwhelming stench of alliance self righteousness!
Notes and trivia
- It was initially announced at BlizzCon 2017 alongside Battle for Azeroth features, and was previewed for Legion in the PTR for patch 7.3.5. Later, during the week of February 27 of 2018, it became a Brawl, and in March 7, a fully functional battleground.
- Most of the soldiers aboard the the two gunships above Seething Shore were previously found on Ashran in Draenor.
PTR's first version of the loading screen.
A gnomish plane crashed in Seething Shore.
Azerite in Seething Shore.
Ogre ruins in Seething Shore.
Silithus seen from Seething Shore.
- Special preview went live on February 27. Placed in normal rotation on March 6.