|Title||Chieftain of the Darkspear|
|Occupation||Former leader of the Darkspear tribe|
|Location||Unknown; spirit with Bwonsamdi|
|Relative(s)||Vol'jin (son), Yenniku (grandson)|
The spiritual leader of the Darkspear tribe, Sen'jin (or Sen'Jin) was an aged, enigmatic witch doctor with a deep and profound link to the spirits and his eternally rain-swept island.
Sen'jin lived a relatively peaceful life on the remote Darkspear Islands until new troubles began. A human expedition of Kul'Tiras Marines followed the Horde escaping from Lordaeron and arrived on one of the islands where they established a settlement, pushing the trolls further into the island. Meanwhile, the once-docile murlocs had become fevered, prodded by the dark Sea Witch that lived in the ocean, who they offered sacrifices to.
That soon came true. As Sen'jin's visions reported, Thrall and his fleet were forced to moor on his island after the Maelstrom nearly destroyed his ships. Sen'jin approached the orcs, warning them of the humans nearby. Thrall promised to force the humans from his island. After defeating the humans's leader, an archmage, and forcing them into a retreat, they were suddenly attacked by murlocs who captured Sen'jin's trolls, the witch-doctor himself, Thrall, some of the orcs and the remaining humans.
Thrall managed to escape the prison and rescued many orcs and trolls, but a murloc high sorcerer took Sen'jin into the deepest part of the underground lair, where he brutally attacked him and sacrificed him to the Sea Witch just as Thrall arrived. Thrall battled through the murlocs and finally destroyed the murloc high sorcerer, but Sen'jin's wounds were deep, and he was dying.
In his last breath, Sen'jin implored Thrall to take his people from the island and save them from destruction. Following his death, Sen'jin seems to have taken a place among the loa.
Shadows of the Horde
Following Vol'jin's near death at the hands of Warchief Garrosh Hellscream's assassins, Sen'jin appears before his son and after a brief exchange reminds Bwonsamdi that Vol'jin's clinging to life is one that should be serving Bwonsamdi's purpose. After Vol'jin escaped from the Isle of Thunder and prepared to die with the rest of The Thirty-three to defend the Shado-pan Monastery, Vol'jin reaches out to the loa where his father is the first to appear before him. It was here that Sen'jin expressed his pride in his son and remarked that Vol'jin had transcended being his son when he became a shadow hunter. Furthermore, Sen'jin revealed that his dream for trollkind to once again be led by shadow hunters as they had been in the past and stated his belief that the future of trollkind was in Vol'jin's hands.
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content related to Wrath of the Lich King.
In the RPG
After Thrall saved the Darkspear tribe from certain annihilation, the tribe's shaman leader pledged their loyalty to the Horde forever. It isn't, however stated, if this relates to Sen'jin or Vol'jin.
In the TCG
- "I saw your arrival in a vision! Especially you... the Seer."
- "The vision told me you would lead my people off this island."
- "I be loving the world like this. No blood, no pain, the world wet with happy tears and the hopes for sunshine." (spoken to Vol'jin in a private moment after a predawn rain)
Notes & trivia
- Sen'jin once wondered what trolls called themselves before they were called trolls. He does not doubt that twenty millennia from now the question will be "Do you know what they called us before we called ourselves Horde?"
- One of the realms in World of Warcraft is named after Sen'jin. See Realm names and their place in Warcraft Lore
- Sen'jin has been hinted at in Vol'jin's short story, The Judgment, to possibly be among the loa. His numerous appearances to Vol'jin alongside Bwonsamdi lend evidence to this theory, but it is also worth noting that Bwonsamdi watches over the spirits of departed Darkspear trolls.
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 134
- ^ Riders on the Storm
- ^ The Judgment
- ^ Riders on the Storm
- ^ The Fires Down Below
- ^ Shadows of the Horde
- ^ Shadows of the Horde, chapter 2
- ^ Shadows of the Horde, chapter 29
- ^ Alliance & Horde Compendium, pg. 65
- ^ TCG Timewalkers/18
- ^ Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde, chapter 13
- ^ Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde, pg. 257 - 258
Leader of the Darkspear tribe