Sentinel Hill has been recently reinforced with the return of Gryan Stoutmantle and the Westfall Brigade from the war in Northrend. The King has sent supplies, troops, and siege engines in hopes of rebuilding the former breadbasket of the kingdom and to house the citizens of Stormwind whose homes were destroyed. From Sentinel Hill, the Westfall Brigade has been able to reclaim much of the lands, such as Moonbrook, the Furlbrow's Pumpkin Farm, and The Jansen Stead. The town isn't finished yet, and cannot let the homeless that surround the town in yet.
- Moonbrook, Westfall (0:23)
- Raven Hill, Duskwood (0:31)
- Furlbrow's Pumpkin Farm, Westfall (0:32)
- Rebel Camp, Northern Stranglethorn (1:02)
- Stormwind City, Elwynn Forest (1:27)
- Darkshire, Duskwood (1:30)
- Lakeshire, Redridge Mountains (2:10)
- Booty Bay, Cape of Stranglethorn (3:03)
Sentinel Hill NPCs
- Thor <Gryphon Master>
- Kirk Maxwell <Stable Master>
- Hope Saldean
- Innkeeper Heather <Innkeeper>
- Westfall Woodworker
- Lumberjack (NPC) <Lumberjack>
- Gryan Stoutmantle <The Westfall Brigade>
- Captain Danuvin <The Westfall Brigade>
- Protector Dutfield <The Westfall Brigade>
- Protector Weaver <The Westfall Brigade>
- Protector Bialon <The Westfall Brigade>
- Protector Leick <The Westfall Brigade>
- Protector Deni <The Westfall Brigade>
- Protector Dorana <The Westfall Brigade>
- Protector Gariel <The Westfall Brigade>
- Protector Korelor <The Westfall Brigade>
- Scout Galiaan <The Westfall Brigade>
- Scout Riell <The Westfall Brigade>
- Sentinel Hill Guard <The Westfall Brigade>
- Westfall Brigade Guard
- Quartermaster Lewis <Quartermaster>
- Mike Miller <Bread Merchant>
- William MacGregor <Bowyer>
- Christopher Hewen <Trade Supplies>
- Gina MacGregor <Trade Supplies>
- Deborah Fain <Warlock Trainer>
- Kallen Stanner <Warrior Trainer>
- Lyndsay Hollister <Hunter Trainer>
- Priestess Cocoa Anderson <Priest Trainer>
- Sern Hallows <Rogue Trainer>
- Sister Darnhald <Paladin Trainer>
- Zalna Wefhellt <Warlock Trainer>
When the player first arrives, the area appears to be under construction and is under constant attack from the Riverpaw gnolls. Low-level players should be mindful of this and not wander off should gnolls spawn on top of you. At the gate, assorted refugees are held in check by guards and will occasionally throw garbage at them and say things like, "This is poop!"
After the quest , Hope Saldean is revealed to be Vanessa VanCleef, daughter of Edwin VanCleef and leader of the reformed Defias Brotherhood. She leads a sneak attack against Sentinel Hill. From there on, the town burns and is constantly attacked by the Defias instead of the gnolls, leaving only one building usable, Sentinel Tower. The various trainers and vendors are crammed inside the tower and the guard NPCs stand alert near the flight master.
- This could possibly be a reference to the Sentinel Hill in H.P. Lovecraft's story "The Dunwich Horror".
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Area is upgraded to new defenses, and the area is phased during a quest.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): The stove at Sentinel Hill in Westfall can be used for cooking.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Now has an inn.