Serenity (monk talent)
- For other uses, see Serenity.
Serenity is a level 100 Windwalker monk talent.
Serenity was introduced with in Patch 6.0.2 as an active ability that would allow for a short burst of spamming Chi-consuming abilities (usually the strongest attacks in the monk's arsenal) for 10 seconds. In Tier 17 it functioned as a meaningful single-target DPS cooldown for both Brewmaster and Windwalker monks. For Windwalkers, it was an important single-target cooldown and was the ideal talent of the row for encounters containing only one enemy. Brewmasters also benefited from its DPS potential but also could use the ability to spam continuously for 10 seconds to build up a large amount of Shuffle, the buff it provides that increased parry chance and .
Patch 6.2.0 came with an implicit acknowledgement that Brewmasters' ability to use Serenity to stack large amounts of Shuffle was too strong. While the ability was unchanged for Windwalkers, Brewmasters found its duration cut in half, in addition to the other Shuffle-related nerfs. This indirectly strengthened as a choice, as the defensive benefits of Serenity were less pronounced in Tier 18.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-08-04): "The cooldown for Rising Sun Kick is now halved when it is cast before using Serenity."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Brewmaster monks. Now also increases damage done by 40% and causes Chi consumers to have 50% faster cooldowns. Duration reduced to 8 seconds, down from 10 seconds.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now lasts 5 seconds for Brewmaster monks (down from 10 seconds).
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.