Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- Hunters know that the target is much easier to fight when it's suffering incredible physical pain from a poison-covered arrow in their back.
There are a few Survival-only talents that grant extra benefits to or have interactions with Serpent Sting:
- gives Serpent Sting a chance to gain a free, empowered cast after using .
- allows Serpent Sting to hit two additional enemies and slightly increases its damage over time.
- Volatile Bomb deals extra damage against enemies suffering from Serpent Sting and will refresh the duration of Serpent Sting's damage over time.
- The Tier 8 2 piece set bonus increased Serpent Sting's damage dealt by 10%.
- The Tier 9 2 piece set bonus allowed the damage done by Serpent Sting to critically hit for 100% additional damage.
- Serpent Sting's damage over time effect is a poison, and can thus be cleansed by druids, paladins, and shamans, as well as any mob that can cleanse poison. Rogues can dispel it with , and dwarves with their racial ability.
- Its greatest utility in PvP is against rogues and druids, to prevent them from entering stealth (druids can cleanse it, but will have to shift to caster form to do so).
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Reworked into an active ability, rather than being a passive attached to other abilities. Automatically learned at level 12 for Survival, or available as a talent at level 15 for Marksmanship.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Damage increased to 115% (was 87%).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Changed into a talent. Now affects and instead of and .
- Hotfix (2015-07-20): "Damage increased by 25%."
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): No longer deals an initial "tick" of damage when the periodic effect is first applied.
- Hotfix (2014-12-15): "Serpent Sting's damage has increased by 60%."
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Serpent Sting's damage has been increased by 15%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Serpent Sting has been redesigned based on and is now available only to Survival Hunters.
- Serpent Spread has been renamed into Serpent Sting.
- Serpent Sting now causes Multi-Shot and Arcane Shot to also apply a Serpent Sting poison dealing instant and periodic damage.
- Cobra Shot no longer extends the duration of Serpent Sting.
- Hotfix (2012-11-29): "Serpent Sting's damage has been increased by 100%, and its cost has been reduced to 15 Focus (was 25)."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now available at level 10 for 10 23.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Gained bonus damage equal to 20% of the hunter's Attack Power, up from 10%.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Now scales with ranged attack power instead of spell damage. It was considered to be a nature-spell-damage based attack thus was buffed by all nature and general spell-damage buffs including but not limited to: , , . This is no longer the case.