† Oceanic servers
Frostmourne (PvP Server)
Frostmourne, named after the runeblade which corrupted Arthas, is an Oceanic realm that was the first Oceanic PVP Realm to be opened - on 22 October 2005. It is filled with a number of excellent guilds and players who have made a name for themselves and Frostmourne in both PvP and PvE combat, as well as giving birth to some of the most well-known forum trolls.
Transfers - Transfers to Frostmourne are OPEN
(Peak) Queue Times - As of 06/09/11, there are no queues for Frostmourne.
Time Zone - AEST [GMT+10, during winter] & AEDT [GMT+11, during summer] (meaning Australian Eastern Standard/Daylight Time)
End Game status (Overall) - Several guilds are attempting heroic Ragnaros. Frostmourne is ranked as the #3 US and #1 Oceanic realm by [wowprogress.com wowprogress]
Population - Mainly Australasian, consisting of Australians, New Zealanders, Singaporeans, Malaysians, HK, Japanese, Indians, with some Americans. This is mainly due to the time zone.
Welcome to PvP, Son
As you may or may not be aware, Frostmourne is a PvP server, which means:
- You can, and will, be killed by the opposing faction once or more during your playtime.
- Your questing can, and most likely will, be interrupted by opposing faction players.
- You can, and will, be killed by an opposing faction player while you are killing a mob, picking an herb, mining a deposit, fishing at a lake, or running through the forest.
- Players of higher levels can, and will, kill you. They will do this repeatedly; they will not tire of killing you if you allow them to do so. If you return to your corpse while opposing faction players are still in the area, expect to be killed again. And again.
- In the words of Blizzard:
The Ongoing Harassment policy does not apply on the PvP server when there is a PvP resolution available. Characters have the ability to deal with their conflicts through combat. Actions that would typically be considered dishonorable actions such as, but not limited to; corpse camping, graveyard camping, or instance zone camping are considered PvP mechanics and are not considered harassment.
If you are having problems with players of an opposing faction you may do 1 of 6 things:
- Call for reinforcement and remove them.
- Leave the area and quest in another location.
- Attempt to rez over and over until they tire of killing you (not recommended).
- Log out of the game and go do something else. Return to the game after some time has passed and resume questing/hunting.
- Log out of the game and play an Alt who is in a different area.
- Leave the PvP server altogether and play on a PvE server.
It is not the intent to be insensitive to the plight of those who are killed repeatedly when questing or hunting. It can be extremely frustrating. However, please keep in mind that your existence on this server is entirely optional and all disputes with opposing faction members should be resolved through combat, not on the boards.
Remember, this is a war between factions.
- "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell
|The Forbidden City||Web||Armory|
|Good News Everyone||Web||Armory|
|Just Bring It||Web||Armory|
|Straw Hat Pirates||Web||Armory|
|Tickle Me Emo||Web||Armory|