A server blade or just blade is a self-contained server on which each World of Warcraft realm runs. Multiple blades fit into an enclosure which provides the power, cooling, connectivity, and management to each blade. The blades themselves contain only the core processing elements, making them hot-swappable. HP refers to the entire package as a BladeSystem. By consolidating and housing multiple servers in a single enclosure, energy costs are significantly reduced, cabling is drastically reduced and managing servers is simplified.
Alterac Mountains, taken apart by iFixIt
- Carlos Lucero has the Proudmoore server blade.
- Sodapoppin has the Aegwynn server blade.
- The Yogscast have the The Venture Co. (EU) server blade.
- ^ Charity Auction on Blizzard's website
- ^ Blizzard Charity Auction Benefitting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Coming Soon. Blizzard Entertainment (2011-10-13). Retrieved on 2018-07-15.
- ^ The Blizzard Charity Auction benefitting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital: Last Chance. Blizzard Entertainment (2012-01-18). Retrieved on 2018-07-15.
- ^ The Blizzard Charity Auction Benefitting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Coming Soon. Blizzard Entertainment (2012-01-23). Retrieved on 2018-07-15.
- ^ BlizzCon 2018 - The Vault | World of Warcraft
- ^ Sodapoppin 2018-12-25. $20,000 Christmas Gift Opening Stream (Part 1). YouTube.
- ^ The Yogscast. Yogscast Twitter. Twitter.