As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|Location||The Canals, Stormwind City|
- 243 - 329 Damage
- 2,936 Armor
Notes and trivia
- This named mob doesn't have a rare mob loot table nor is it used in any quest objectives. It has a lengthy spawn timer and can be found lazily swimming back and forth at the ends of the Canals, such as outside Stormwind Keep.
- Before Cataclysm, it originally did not wander around after appearing, instead remaining stationary at whichever spawn point he happened to be at. Until Wrath of the Lich King, Sewer Beast was also unique in being the only tamable mob in the entire game to regularly spawn inside a capital city. It now shares that distinction with the Underbelly Croc.
- The creature is very large and yellow-brown with a light tint of white coloration on its body.
- Three young boys that fish the canals will sometimes talk about Sewer Beast, but this is in no way an indication of its spawning. Also, it has been rumored that the creature is likely to spawn between 8AM-10 AM server time.
- In the World of Warcraft Beta test, Sewer Beast was the largest tamable creature in the world, approximately the length of eight human characters lying down on the ground if lined up head to toe.
- It should be noted that apparently in Cataclysm, Sewer Beast can catch aggro from the city guards and thus end up swiftly killed. A hunter searching to tame it should keep this in mind.
- Sewer Beast is probably a reference to the common urban legend of crocodiles living in city sewers.