As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
- The spell is used to remove an enemy from combat when attacked by multiple enemies, giving you time to kill off some of the other enemies. As such, this spell is a form of crowd control.
- Does not work against Forsaken players, since they are classified as Humanoid and not Undead.
- Can be used against Unholy death knights' ghouls.
Tips and tactics
- Shackle Undead interrupts any spells being cast when it lands, so it can also be used as an interrupt even if it is immediately broken by damage.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-08-02): "When an adversary prevents a Priest from using Holy spells, Dispel Magic and Shackle Undead are properly locked out for the length of the interrupt effect."
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Mana cost changed to 9% of base mana instead of 150 flat mana.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Increased the chance of breaking early. Removed facing requirement.
- Patch 0.6 (2004-04-13): Added.