Shade of Medivh
Shade of Medivh is the sixth boss in Return to Karazhan.
So great was the power of the Last Guardian, Medivh, that his magic still echoes through the halls of Karazhan. Some of these echoes take the shape of visions, revealing past events to the tower's guests. Others assume more malevolent forms, recalling a time when the Guardian's will was not his own.
Medivh assaults players with Piercing Missiles, Inferno Bolt and Frostbite until he reaches full mana. Once he has reached full mana he uses one of his Focused Power abilities. Players must stop all movement when Flamewreath is cast.
- Guardian's Image must be killed quickly.
- Interrupt Frostbite whenever possible.
- Guardian's Image inflicts heavy groupwide damage until all 3 images are killed.
- Piercing Missiles inflicts significant damage to the tank.
- Piercing Missiles — The Shade of Medivh pierces a player with Arcane magic for 5 sec, inflicting 438750 to 461250 Arcane damage every 0.5 sec. This effect increases the Arcane damage taken of the target by 25% for 20 sec if Piercing Missiles is channeled for its full duration.
- Inferno Bolt — The Shade of Medivh ignites a player and all players within 8 yards of them. This effect inflicts 500000 Fire damage and an additional 150000 Fire damage every second for 5 sec. Inferno Bolt cancels the effect of Frostbite on any player that it hits.
- Frostbite — The Shade of Medivh freezes a player, inflicting 700000 Frost damage and stunning them indefinitely. This effect is canceled when the target is hit by Inferno Bolt.
When the Shade of Medivh reaches full mana he unleashes one of his powerful abilities.
- Ceaseless Winter — The Shade of Medivh summons a blizzard that fills the entire room for 20 sec. All players suffer 105000 every second for 15 sec and have their movement speed reduced by 5%. This effect stacks. Moving will cancel one application of Ceaseless Winter.
- Flame Wreath — The Shade of Medivh wreaths several players in flames, trapping them for 20 sec. If the player leaves the ring or if another player enters the ring it explodes, inflicting 2500000 Fire damage to all players.
- Guardian's Image — The Shade of Medivh splits into 3 Guardian's Images.
- Guardian's Image
|Frost Artifact Relic|
|Shadow Artifact Relic|
|Ranged DPS trinket|
- This is who I am. I was tainted from birth, polluted from before my conception, a bad seed grown to bear bitter fruit.
- Player with
- My staff... a relic, yes, but MINE!
- Hello, champions. I've been expecting you.
- You're just like the others, aren't you?
- Piercing Missiles
- A basic spell... but effective.
- You grow weaker... I grow stronger!
- Inferno Bolt
- The inherent nature of fire...
- Burn... just like that dragon!
- A memory, frozen in time!
- Ceaseless Winter
- Keep still. Let it end.
- Winter is here!
- Flame Wreath
- I suggest staying put.
- It burns, burns, burns!
- Guardian's Image
- Carrion for the birds...
- So many pieces of me...
- Killed a player
- Just. Gets. Easier.
- A fitting end for a thief!
- All goes as planned.
- The tower needed a new decoration.
- You have no idea what it's like to do the things I've done. Harsh things. Necessary things.
- Once you get used to it, you can kill friends as easily as anyone else.
- I fought it... for as long as... I could...
- So... it comes... to this...
- Atiesh... will be... splintered...
- You have never seen the true Medivh.
- The Shade of Medivh is voiced by Michael Bell.
- Several of the Shade of Medivh's lines, including his introduction and death quotes, are direct quotes from The Last Guardian.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-07-17): "The impact damage of Inferno Bolt has been reduced by 25% in Mythic difficulty."
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Added.